Any solution to the sound problem in nokia 1 plus?

As i mentioned in other theme, since upgrading to android 10 on a nokia 1 plus, the sound of the phone is heard very low even having it to the maximum in the settings.

Any solution to the sound problem in nokia 1 plus?

felipe2 felipe2
✭✭  / 

As i mentioned in other theme, since upgrading to android 10 on a nokia 1 plus, the sound of the phone is heard very low even having it to the maximum in the settings. This is not a fixed with the may 2020 patch. In addition the images of wallpapers look lousy as if there were not designed for the phone, until when we will have to wait for the solution to these problems??? 😔

Comments

• NINOSIMUPDATEREAPER NINOSIMUPDATEREAPER
    ✭✭✭  / 

Not yet wait for a MR that removes these issues for good generally it takes 1-2 MR's on Android 10.

• Red apple Red apple
    ✭✭  /  edited June 16

I am not sure nokia fix this issue . Because nokia didn't fix android 9 pie bug

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

If so, i would have to wait until August then?? or more who knows.

The sound problems are serious, when i call many times i have not take care of the calls since i do not hear them because them sound very low, i have had to activate the vibration to partly fix the problem, i hope it will be the solution that MR update.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

The June patch did not solve any cellular issues... apparently these patches fix very, very small problems.

• Mark Le Grand Mark Le Grand
    ✭✭  / 

June patch was only a security patch, not a troubleshooter.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

Appropriate to the topic, I have spoken twice with nokia support, from the application "My phone" and directly ask them if with an update in the future these errors would be fixed, and they answered YES. Speak twice with support, do not be satisfied with the answer, since the problem is serious, if I am not on top of the cell phone I do not know the notifications or some notice of some program. This situation is very unpleasant.

• Red apple Red apple
    ✭✭  / 

Solution for low volume.Go to setting-accessibility and find mono audio and click to activate that function

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  /  edited July 12

Activating the Mono/audio setting does not solve this sound loss problem, which affects all Notifications.

After seven weeks and 50+ email exchanges and Chats, twice returning my phone to the repair centre in Hungary requested by Nokia Mobile Care and numerous procedures to follow (many repeated by different support staff as they take on the emailed request or Chat), all at the recommendation of Customer support, Nokia seem to be lost about how to fix this problem. Nor have they offered any insight as to when they will solve it.

There has been no acknowledgement that a future software update is expected to provide a fix.

It cannot be of such a mystery that a reasonably competent encoder cannot fix it - in machine code terms, an interrupt is generated by any of a screen tap, a calendar event, an email received, a text message received, phone plugged in to charge the battery and the relevant sound is then activated - where's the issue, other than mandating that someone get to grips with it inside Nokia?

My Nokia 1 Plus, only purchased in June 2019, is now consigned to the pile of other unused mobiles.

I have returned to my aged Nokia 6303i which does all of these things, responds instantly to hard buttons and the original (2010) battery lasts much longer.

Does Nokia want their customers to be happy with their newer products?

• Red apple Red apple
    ✭✭  / 

Don't buy Nokia phone it's have lots of bug . Iam using Nokia 1 device . before updating android 10.android 9 have I of bug but they didn't fix that bug 😓😓😠 after updating android 10 there is lots of bug same as android 9 animation changing, multitouch not working 😠😠😠 Nokia fooling us . I never buy Nokia phone . Samsung ,realmi ,Xiaomi, oppo,Vivo they release better phone , better processor at low cost

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

This is really disastrous, I have waited almost three months for this situation to be fixed and nothing has happened. They don't answer the messages you leave them, but when they release updates they appear immediately without one calling them. I'm upset about this, I'm seriously buying a Samsung phone.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

I don't really know if I have more patience to wait another two months.

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  /  edited July 15

Does anyone from Nokia management read this stuff, or do we just complain to each other inside a tin box?

My next action is to complain by letter to Company Director Whelan at their UK offices in Bristol.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

This is.. I don't know how but it should be the other way around, I have an alcatel one touch pop c1 4015 and it works better than the nokia 1 plus, it alerts me with notifications, the sound of the ringtones and when they call is heard from afar I do not have that feeling of losing a call for not listening to it as the nokia. Although it has already several years on the market, it fulfills the function, and does not disappoint me. What a bigger mistake mine didn't buy another cell phone at the time when I was choosing in December 2019. But like I said, Samsung is my next cell phone.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

I'm sorry if I'm not very well understood, and for my English. I use a translator.

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

Felipe, you should not feel the need to apologise; that should be for Nokia management since they give the impression of 'we could not care less if our phones disappoint, we have the cash in the bank already'.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

Well, as there are no changes I have kept my word and I am leaving NOKIA or hmd. What I want to say that I am not going to continue with this, I have opted for a Samsung cell phone, and the truth, Android 10 was what made the decision decide. I do not care if my computer does not have the famous update but if it fulfills the function of being able to speak calmly and there are no problems of any kind in the notifications. I no longer care if there is a solution this month, I was waiting a lot for one and it did not arrive when I expected it.

And the other thing I want to say is that in Samsung, they respond to messages, here no one from Nokia hmd does, they don't care about their users after all.

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

I posted my formal written complaint to a UK based Nokia company director two weeks ago. It was sent with 18 pages of 'evidence' about my experience, explicitly about this problem. As of today I have received no acknowledgment or reply. It is not my style to give up. I shall pursue Nokia for some level of response. Reading through this Community record it now comes to my attention that other customers have reported on this problem since the beginning of 2020 but still Nokia has failed to sort it out.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

Well, today my new computer arrived, a samsung galaxy J core. It doesn't have android 10 but it offers a better experience than nokia. Many thanks to everyone who helped me here, and thanks to those who read me or interacted with me. See you soon.

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

Good luck. I will post how I get on with my formal complaint to Nokia.

• Ruhan Ruhan
     / 

Hii I am Nokia 5.1 Plus User and I am Facing a problem That is After a new update my phone's Sound in not working so please tell me how can I fix it...

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  /  edited September 5

This problem has been going on for so long, with so many customers complaining, I don't think Nokia tech have a clue what is wrong, or how to fix it. Either this is correct or Nokia does not choose to apply the resources to provide their customers with the necessary fix. Nor does anyone from Nokia appear to read this Community record and offer a meaningful answer.

• RubyC RubyC
     / 

I'm having the same problem. My phone actually ringing could wake the dead, but text alerts are so quiet I can't hear them, and this is the main way I communicate with people. It's ridiculous and I'm not changing to a new phone already as I've only had this one for barely just over a year. 😡

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

Every customer of Nokia phones who has experienced this problem should register a formal complaint. Only a large body of complaints looks likely to take this problem to a higher level of management within the company. I wrote a letter of complaint to a named company director at their office in Bristol UK at the beginning of August 2020. I have had no reply and my attempts to telephone that office using a number obtained from Companies House in UK has been unsuccessful. My calls get transferred to a mobile phone number that is always on answer-phone service with the recorded message 'this mail box is full'. I now intend to send my complaint to Nokia Mobile Care but in view of the poor service they have provided to try to fix the problem I shall not be holding my breath. That is why I recommend class action by all affected Nokia customers.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

I have complained on some occasions by twitter regarding when they fixed the issues and launched the MR update or the security patch and the answer of them is to contact nokia care center, then contact nokia care center and they tell me it is because of covid. Then support by the /My phone app) tell me to release the update but do not know when and that it will be soon. I know that the problem is all of us who upgrade to android 10, so let's hope this end of the month there is something new, because there is no way to go back to android 9, at least one that knows and works.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

Please Nokia hmd, fih, release de Mr update for the Nokia 1 plus!!

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

Felipe, the translator that you are using did not work too well in your last posting. I think you were asking Nokia Mobile Care to let the Nokia 1+ user community know when they are going to release the next system update which will hopefully fix this long standing loss of sound for notifications.

For clarity, when I encouraged everyone who has this problem with their mobile to make a formal complaint to Nokia, I do not mean to post it here, but to write a formal complaint, as an attachment to an email to Nokia MC asking for it to be forwarded to the appropriate executive in Nokia who is responsible for Nokia's customer support. They (Nokia Mobile Care) have previously assured me that they can do this.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

that's right, the translator i use is not very good the truth (generic) now i am using one called DeepL, with translation to british english, i hope i will be better understood with this translator or at least i will understand better what you want to say because i don't speak much english

What I wanted to say in my longest message, is that I was thrown from one place to another, without any concrete answer, in total I asked in three different parts: Nokia mobile care, twitter (Nokiamobile), My phone application of the mobile phone. In none of them did they know when there would be a solution to the problems of the nokia 1 plus, and when there would be a patch for the device.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Blackwell Blackwell
    ✭✭  / 

Felipe, that translator works very well.

• felipe2 felipe2
    ✭✭  / 

Another month without a security patch for the Nokia 1 plus device, two months and counting... I don't know what to think, in the box the device came in there was a phrase that said "Up to date", something like "actualizado a la fecha", this is a real joke.