New Update 00EEA_2_320 brings Bugfixes and 3-Button-Navigation [english & german]

Hello dear community, The new update (00EEA_2_320) for Nokia 4.2 solves many problems that have existed since Android 10.

New Update 00EEA_2_320 brings Bugfixes and 3-Button-Navigation [english & german]

TimboTillo TimboTillo
✭✭  /  edited June 11

Hello dear community,

The new update (00EEA_2_320) for Nokia 4.2 solves many problems that have existed since Android 10. The stability of the device should also be increased. The June security patch is also included.

In addition, as reported on www.deskmodder.de, the update brings back the 3-button navigation. So you can go back to "old" navigation under Settings -> System -> Gestures.

Next up is the Nokia 7.2.

------

Hallo liebe Community,

Das neue Update (00EEA_2_320) für das Nokia 4.2 löst viele Probleme, die seit Android 10 vorhanden sind. Auch die Stabilität des Gerätes soll erhöht werden. Mit dabei ist außerdem der Juni-Sicherheitspatch.

Außerdem bringt, wie auf www.deskmodder.de berichtet, das Update die 3-Button-Navigation zurück. So kann man unter Einstellungen -> System -> Gesten wieder zur "alten" Navigation zurückkehren.

Als nächstes folgt wohl das Nokia 7.2.

------

Quellen / Sources: https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2020/06/11/nokia-4-2-update-mit-3-button-navigation-stabilitaet/

https://www.deskmodder.de/blog/2020/05/28/hmd-global-3-button-navigation-wird-per-update-nachgereicht/

Comments

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Hi. Looks nice, however my N4.2 is stuck on Android 9 with Feb 20 patches in PL. Any idea why? Seems to me that wave 2 has not started rollout yet and is pending since early May?!?

• santoscleto santoscleto
    ✭✭  / 

I have the impression that after the June fixes my phone freezes more, mainly while browsing: the browser/touch seems to freeze, and minimizing and maximizing the app again brings the page back to life, until it freezes again, and this keeps ongoing. This was not happening before the June update.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi, does anybody have a screenshot of the option actually becoming available on the Gestures page? The option could be triggered earlier too by playing around with a custom launcher. So, since none of the news portals included a screenshot of the settings menu, I have a bit of doubt on this information.

I'd really appreciate if anybody can include a screenshot.

• santoscleto santoscleto
    ✭✭  /  edited June 15

I have everything standard and I can confirm the option is there and it works, I tested all 3 options (but went back to gesture navigation because if this is the way google is going to, better start to get used to it).

• MadMaxFromKiev MadMaxFromKiev
    ✭✭  / 
  • MadMaxFromKiev MadMaxFromKiev
    ✭✭  /  edited June 16

14 MB SECURITY PATCH! NO MAJOR ON 00WW VERSION! AFTER TONNS OF THREADS WITH BUGS ON THIS COMMUNITY - 14 MB PATCH AND NO MAJOR! THE HMD HOLDS CONSUMERS FOR A GUYS WHO WILL ENJOY THREE YEARS OF UPDATES. BUT IN FACT - THREE YEARS OF UNSOLOVED BUGS!

• zlo28 zlo28
    ✭✭  /  edited June 16

when will phones get this update with 00WW version? or Nokia is thinking that we don't have problems and bugs?

• pphome pphome
    ✭✭  / 

Hungary/Telekom. Still Android 9. No major update. Why? - No answer...

• user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

As per official announcement of Android 10 for Nokia 4.2 in waves , Hungary region based carrier still unable to give green signal to push the Android 10 build for Nokia 4.2 even in Wave-2

I may suggest you to mail/call the Telekom customer care and ask them the reason for such delay for pushing OTA updates .

for alternate , after confirming the build variant (00EEA or 00WW) from your device info, connect to VPN to specific region and force update your device to Android 10.Remember for this option ,you are only responsible for all the action you take for your device!!!

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Contact your service provider and ask them why they have not approved the update.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

There are 2 paths for releases one was a maintenance update and other was just security patch , all depends on your location and carrier approvals.

• WAusJackBauer WAusJackBauer
    ✭✭  / 

Hi everyone.

I just installed the July security update, phone model TA-1150, build number 00WW_2_330

The option for 3 Button Navigation has been added, thank you! @HMDLaura

• Erik Persson Erik Persson
    ✭✭  / 

Disappointingly, Bluetooth connectivity to car telephone systems is still broken in the update. This is a VERY BIG problem for many of us and should really be fixed ASAP. And it worked nicely in Android 9.