Nokia 7 plus Android 11 update request

Nokia 7 plus is the most popular android phone by nokia. I think hmd should provide nokia 7 users android 11 update too. So we all should send a request to hmd.

Nokia 7 plus Android 11 update request

iamnived iamnived
✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 7 plus is the most popular android phone by nokia. I think hmd should provide nokia 7 users android 11 update too. So we all should send a request to hmd. please join me if you think so. Also share your thoughts..

Tagged:

Comments

• iamnived iamnived
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia 7.2 has same processor of 7 plus it will get android 11. Why can't 7 plus then.?

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Android ONE gives you 2 OS updates and 3 years security updates. 7+ came with Oreo(Android 8) out of the box so we got upto Android 10. Now no more updates.

• liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 

Unless you get Android 11 GSI and flash it manually, assuming you have unlocked bootloader, don't dream about it.

• Brahim Brahim
    ✭✭  / 

The determination of Endoride 11 would like a convincing answer, thanks

• Beggae Beggae
     / 

Hi can I get one of those smart phones to publish on my YouTube page

• Axx Axx
    ✭✭  / 

A thought just came to my mind. Does Nokia had ever listened to any of the threads here or this entire community is just for N7P users only. I had never seen any reply from any of the nokia employees here ever.

• owolawi vincent owolawi vincent
    ✭✭  / 

Definitely a welcome idea.

• Vishal Jaiz Vishal Jaiz
    ✭✭  / 

I think Nokia 7 Plus must get Android 11 update because we deserve this. We spent 27k on purchasing N7P so it's worth for getting 11. Although 7.2 is in the list for update so why not 7 plus. Both comes in almost same price, features matches. Nokia should not biased for this, also it's a android stock phone. Hope so 🙏

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

The commitment is for 2 years of base Android updates and that is fulfilled. The Nokia 7.2 came with Android 9 out of the box and hence it gets access to Android 11. It is part of business, the support for older devices has to retire at some point :)

• SteynPace SteynPace
    ✭✭  / 

Goes without saying that the phone should have performed well for 2 years. However, the phone has been buggy till date, thus, as a favor, Nokia should consider giving Android 11 to N7P.

• Meadage Meadage
    ✭✭  / 

Maybe be Nokia might consider something similar...?

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 23

For new phones , I think 🙂. As far I can relate samsung won't update old phones for more than 2 years. Even if they provide updates to old phones , they will fix the range.

• SteynPace SteynPace
    ✭✭  / 

Excellent decision by Samsung.

Yes, Android updates for three years should be a minimum on most phones.

Agreed, the decision is limited to the recent phones only, but includes mid-range models too, including the Galaxy A51.

Also, as noted in the article, public and media pressure forced Motorola to change its Android update policy; similarly, Nokia can change their decision too, to earn some goodwill. Especially during these times of extremely poor sales.

• duro grumpie duro grumpie
    ✭✭  / 

I absolutely agree: Nokia too should extend their update policy as a symbol of the their commitment to the Nokia community especially in these difficult times as well as it offers them a great opportunity to extend their customer base.

• rmukhfloyd rmukhfloyd
    ✭✭  / 

I am a Nokia 7 plus user and undoubtedly its one of the best android phone that Nokia has made till now. It would be a little absurd to think that Nokia will change the android one policy of giving 2 major platform upgrades just to impress a very small number of Nokia 7 plus users. Nokia has already messed up their line up completely by launching way too many phones which are not really well optimized despite running android one and also not very strategically priced. Although I'd be overwhelmed if they do such thing but there's almost no way that it would happen.

The only way of running Android 11 on Nokia 7 plus is through custom ROM. But, that would need a good third party dev support and unfortunately I don't think Nokia 7 Plus (or Nokia for that matter) has that huge user base of fan base like OnePlus or Samsung. Also, because of Nokia not realizing which market segment they should focus on more they have messed up their line up.

Its very sad to say that Nokia phones do not have a great future ahead, or at least the future we saw when HMD started with the android one project is kind of doomed.

• liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 

We DO have an amazing dedicated developer for our Nokia 7 Plus if you didn't know 🤔 Along with him, we also have several other devs who are contributing to our 7+ with lots of Custom ROMs. Right now, I'm on custom ROM made by our dev, and he's planning to release Android 11 in less than 2 weeks or so. So, I would say, not official, but we have a great future in unofficial ways.

Only downside being, not many would be able to taste the A11 because of Nokia's ******y policy of not unlocking bootloader.

• diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 

Hi liftedkorn, is there still a chance for this special method to unlock after Android 10 on the 7plus? I mean the one, that you have to buy?

• liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't quite understand what you're trying to ask but if you're asking if it's possible to unlock it on A10, then No.

When you pay for unlocking, they first downgrade you to Oreo, then unlock, then you need to update it to 10.

• diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 

Thanks for the info. Do you think that there will be an "unlocking update" to directly unlock from Android 10? Switching back to oreo,,, Maybe,,,

• liftedcorn liftedcorn
    ✭✭✭  / 

No. I don't think there'll be any unlocking at all from HMD side

• diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  / 

Thanks a lot for your information. I'll think about it...

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 22

Which custom rom are you using? @liftedcorn

Never mind- just saw you are using Havoc.