How is your experience with the Nokia 4.2?

I want to buy this phone for my mom because her Samsung Galaxy J6 is kinda crap.

How is your experience with the Nokia 4.2?

nachodorito nachodorito
✭✭  / 

I want to buy this phone for my mom because her Samsung Galaxy J6 is kinda crap. This phone looks good and works good (practically the same internals as a Redmi 8, which has a revised version of the Redmi 7 CPU). How has your experience been?

Comments

• zlo28 zlo28
    ✭✭  / 

Now this phone work no good. You can read many topics with bugs this phone after update on android 10. HMD Ignores users, doesn't comment, and doesn't answer questions

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Phone works well on Android 10 and a maintenance release was out this month in some countries. So not.sure what issues you have but have you contacted support?

• zlo28 zlo28
    ✭✭  / 

Support give

support gives useless advice that doesn't solve problems. you can read about the problems in other messages from this community. but you've read about them and sent all users to support

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Support does not give useless help, they need to troubleshoot as they are not in front of the device and need to understand what is happening. What issues are you specifically having with the device? Can you explain what you also tried to do to resolve those?

• DiSunny DiSunny
    ✭✭  / 

Worst experience so far with a new phone. Poor call quality and volume but worst is calls end at 15 mins with, "no response call ended" during the call. Support gave a long list of cache and storage to be cleared, worked for a few weeks but the problem is now back after an update this week.

Any others with this problem, please post the fix.

• DiSunny DiSunny
    ✭✭  / 

Instructions?

• zlo28 zlo28
    ✭✭  / 

After updating to Android 10, the connection and mobile Internet are periodically lost. It DOESN't work on two SIM cards at once. At the same time, the network indicators show that everything is good. When incoming calls are constantly triggered vibration during the conversation. Clearing the cache and resetting to factory settings does not help. Build number 00WW_2_290_SP03

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Follow the instructions support gave you again since it cleared the issue before.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Can you please clarify is this on a phone with 2 dual Sims active? What model number?

• zlo28 zlo28
    ✭✭  / 
  • DiSunny DiSunny
    ✭✭  / 

If your calls end at 15 mins after an update for no reason like mine, here are the rediculous instructions,

Nokia mobile care

• Remove the Sim card from the device > Go to settings > Apps and Notifications 

> See all ## apps > 3 dots on the top right corner > Show system> look for the next apps:

> Carrier services > force stop > storage > Clear Cache > Clear storage > OK > Go back 

> CP client > force stop > storage > Clear Cache > Clear storage > OK> Go back 

> Phone> Force stop > Storage > Clear cache Clear storage > OK> Go back app info > Select the 3 

dots on the top right of the screen > uninstall updates. 

> Android system> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> Call management> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> Backup / restore call log> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Default Carrier application> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> Settings storage> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> Phone services> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> SIM toolkit> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache 

> SIM application manager> Storage> Clear data and Clear cache

> Get into safe mode: Press the Power button > on the window that appears, Tap and hold "Restart" 

Option > You will see a window asking to reboot in safe mode > Select OK > The device will restart 

in safe mode. An inscription about this will appear at the bottom left of the screen. 

> Put the SIM card while the device is turned on. 

> Soft Reset: Hold the Power Button and the Volume UP Button for 10 seconds until your phone 

switches OFF > Release the keys. Once the phone restarts Verify if it worked.

• DiSunny DiSunny
    ✭✭  / 

THIS FIX DOESN'T WORK NOW

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't use dual sims but know others that use dual sims in the 4.2 without any issues. I would double check the apn settings for each network you are using.

• Lordbeny Lordbeny
    ✭✭  / 

Very bad, bought it for my mom hoping for clear Android experience and regular updates because of Android One, last patch which this phone is finding is 05.02.2020, this isnt true Nokia from old days.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Have you contacted support as the phone has been patched up to June, unless there is approvals blocking patches in your country. What build number do you have running.

• Lopez Fernandez Lopez Fernandez
    ✭✭  / 

Hi, due to this phone I quit hmd global phones, until they fix al their botched jobs with system updates and lack of maintenance patches. I' m really fed up!

I'm a Nokia customer since early 2000's but I have reached the point that hmd is making business with nostalgy unproperly! Farewell hmd and Nokia, until you don't fix all or most of the software issues, I just quit! I hope in a very near future I will once again use your phones but for the time being I give up...

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

What specific issue do you have with the phone as there are very few bugs with this phone