This phone as a midranger.

I've heard the Nokia 9 Pureview has tons of problems on early models, but my phone carrier is selling them for $322.

This phone as a midranger.

nachodorito nachodorito
✭✭  / 

I've heard the Nokia 9 Pureview has tons of problems on early models, but my phone carrier is selling them for $322. These are new, so I think they could be the newer batch.

Should I play russian roulette and buy it?

Comments

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

What features do you want from your next phone specifically?

• Magicdesign Magicdesign
    ✭✭  / 

If that’s all, you will be very happy with the 9. It’s fast, looks cool and works well as a phone.

out door, the photos are excellent. The screen is also excellent.

one downside is the external speaker is average (at best)

• smh77 smh77
    ✭✭  / 

It's certainly a nice looking phone. Especially the rear flat camera layout. Probably too many of the same sensors. But from what I have read in these forums if you invest the time in using the cameras as intended and don't want quick instant results then at it's current reduced price, it's definitely worth considering. A lot of the digital photography sites quite rate it.

It's a compact phone as well if you want that option. Even makes sense as a second phone for travelling (street photography), especially at it's current price. If it had been released with a larger screen I probably would have had a punt when it came out.

Not sure if the phones are part of a newer batch though. It never sold well, and was discounted very quickly, so could be a case of initial over ordered stock still hanging around with software updates curing some of the early problems. Could be wrong though. Perhaps others know if there were later production runs.

Probably better off going for the 765 though. Newer SoC, more software updates, battery efficiency, more camera sensor variety, etc. Although some will disagree...

• N808 N808
    ✭✭  / 

If they are being sold as new, do you not have a time frame within which to return the phone if it does not suit?

I am in the UK,and bought mine used, primarily for the unique camera design, and it has been trouble free.