Top 5 large screen flagships, come Dec 2020

I was wondering to myself, if I could afford one now. Or like a lot of people, if I was to wait to the year's end to take advantage of lower prices.

Top 5 large screen flagships, come Dec 2020

smh77 smh77
✭✭  / 

I was wondering to myself, if I could afford one now. Or like a lot of people, if I was to wait to the year's end to take advantage of lower prices. What would be my shortlist of the top 5 large screen flagship smartphones. At the moment my top 5 would probably be...

1: OnePlus 8 Pro, £900

2: Oppo Find X2 Pro, £1100

3: Samsung Galaxy S20+, £1000

4: Sony Xperia 1 II, £1100

5: LG V60 ThinQ 5G, $900

The obvious oddity here is the LG which is unavailable in Europe but which at this price in the US includes the excellent dual screen accessory.

I would have had the Sony nearer to the top because it is my favourite design of the five and probably has the most interesting camera array of them all. But along with the LG it has the lowest refresh rate at 60Hz and it also has screen brightness concerns.

The Samsung is the obvious sweet spot in their current flagship range. And I am a big Samsung fan. However, in Europe at least it's the only one in the group not using the Snapdragon 865. The common Exynos issues seem to be more prevalent in their latest homegrown SoC.

Then you have the Oppo Find X2 Pro. And you have to admire what Oppo have achieved with this phone. Only two things kept it off my top spot. The lack of wireless charging, and it's rather optimistic launch price.

So that left me with the OnePlus 8 Pro. And it's my personal favourite at the moment. It shares the same superb Sony IMX689 sensor as the Oppo, has wireless charging, and is IP 68 certified for the first time. I think it has the most balanced specs overall, and the cleanest Android skin other than the Sony. If I had a spare £900 in my pocket right now...

So do you agree with this top 5 for this category of phone. Would you rank them differently. But more importantly can you see the new Nokia 9.3 Pureview pushing one out or even topping them?