How to update version ta1043 sofware 2_22A_SP01 to august security

-remove sim card -do a factory reset -do not enter your google account -install a vpn apk ( i used turbo vpn  ) -select india server -check for update

How to update version ta1043 sofware 2_22A_SP01 to august security

user1535025311678 user1535025311678
 /  edited August 23

-remove sim card

-do a factory reset

-do not enter your google account

-install a vpn apk ( i used turbo vpn  )

-select india server

-check for update

This worked for me after reading many forum pages,give it a try... however,this is the last time i will buy a phone from Nokia,android one was the best argument to get this phone.

Comments

• Did you read this?
    :https://www.reddit.com/r/GooglePixel/comments/7bfkdr/psa_pixelnexus_updates_can_still_be_subject_to/

Nokia can still do updates, they should allow people to sign up to the beta programme which will allow them to bypass the requirements of carriers. This is because the user opts in to taking the risk of any potential issues. Microsoft did the same thing with their Insider programme.
  • Did you read this on reddit? /r/GooglePixel/comments/7bfkdr/psa_pixelnexus_updates_can_still_be_subject_to/

If they had an opt in system, effectively a beta programme, they could bypass this like Microsoft did with their Insider Programme. The user takes the risk.
  • Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    Does it change your build version to E or does it stay 2-22A ? @user1529883076460
  • Chris_A Chris_A
     /  edited August 23

I've tried the steps except for skipping the google account login. I wasn't successful with it. However, i will try to following the steps and give it another try...

• Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    I've done the same @Chris_A
    If this works with skipping the Google account log on, can you inform us ?
  • I thought you had to sign in to your Google account to use play store to get a VPN I might be wrong
  • Chris_A Chris_A
     / 

@user1531487969843 

You can download an .apk file, for example, at apkmirror and install it manually. 

@Tchovince 

I will try the steps in the evening and report back.

• Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    @user1531487969843 You can download and install an apk without the Playstore.
  • user1535025311678 user1535025311678
     /  edited August 27
    I downloaded turbo VPN from apkpure and it worked,my phone restarted 2 times and now it shows August security update. Funny thing is my phone build was 2.22A and now is 2.22E.

I only followed another guide,but it's important to not sign in to Google play.
  • Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    I'll try tomorow and will report if it works (if it works, @user1535025311678 are our savoir :) )
  • Chris_A Chris_A
     /  edited August 25

Hi, 

its working. I am currently downloading the july security patch :-)

Thanks for the advice

• Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    Is user1535025311678 the savior ? I'll try tomorow 
  • nicos18 nicos18
     / 

user1535025311678: Thank you very much! It worked!

• @user11678 mate your a angel worked on my ta-1050 a treat August patch and on 22E_SP01 instead of the 22A_SP01 cheers
  • Finished the August update and now on 22E_SP02 thanks again
  • It will be interesting to see what code paths exist for the firmware in the August summary. It's not released yet, but whether there are still A, B, and E versions listed. For July they still were. I guess ultimately they will try to only have one codepath, but the only thought in regards to having three is minor hardware changes. Like a computer motherboard may have more than one version for the same model, and require different bioses. This is probably less common now. The motherboards still have different versions though, it is written in very small writing on the motherboard. If it happens to motherboards I suspect it also occurs with phones.

The month of manufacture is printed on the box where the IMEI information is, and is under the model number in year-month format.
  • abcd123456 abcd123456
     / 

Thanks for the advice.  Was about to give it a try until I read that the August update locks the bootloader - there's a petition .. 

• abcd123456 abcd123456
     / 

Did the August update resolve the random reboots and shutdowns issue?

• mat mat
     / 

Thank you, ilt worked for me as well. i went from 2.22A to 2.22E.

I home the next updates will be easier.

• user1531834462608 user1531834462608
     /  edited August 25

I have a TA-1045, am in the US on AT&T, and it was originally on build 00WW_2_13B_SP02, meaning the June update.  

I ensured that I had a recent device backup on Google Drive, and then followed the steps in OPs post. After connecting to an India VPN, I checked for updates and it did pull the July 2018 update right away.  After it installed and restarted, it indicated I was on the 00W_2_22E_SP01 build, and it also then fetched the August update right away (without having to reconnect to a VPN).  Once that update installed and restarted, I was on build 00WW_2_22E_SP02, the August 1, 2018 update.  After that, I did another factory reset, re-inserted my SIM, and restored from the most recent device backup.  

At this point I'm mostly back to normal and am on the latest version.  Big thanks to OP for posting concise instructions, and no thanks to Nokia/HMD for remaining mostly silent on the issue.  Hopefully everyone else who has been left in the dark finds similar success.

• Tchovince Tchovince
     / 
    It's sad de have to do this but I'm now with a 2-22E build.

@user1535025311678
    Thank you vert much Man !
  • abcd123456 abcd123456
     / 

It's working for me to TA-1043 in the UK - I was on 22A and I'm now on 22E and the August update is downloading after restarting without me doing anything. I'm no longer connected to the VPN. I only needed the VPN to get off 22A. 

Hope the random shutdowns and reboots are gone.   

Thanks to everyone on this thread and no thanks to Nokia or HMD!

• xyzzy xyzzy
     / 

My TA-1045 is on T-Mobile in the US.  This process worked for me.  I tried a few methods but the original poster has provided the minimum steps required.  I had hoped to try the August update after I had logged back into Google, but it started automatically before I had a chance to stop it.  Will see how September goes.

Thank you to the original poster, and a BIG thumbs down to HMD for failing to provide even basic support, and treating their promise of monthly updates as a throw away comment.

• xyzzy xyzzy
     / 

My TA-1045 on T-Mobile upgraded using this method.  I tried a few other variations and the original poster has provided the minimum steps to make it work.  I had hoped to do the August update after logging back in to Google, but the update started before I could stop it.  I will see how the September update goes.

A thank you to the original poster for the steps, and a BIG thumbs down to HMD for not providing even basic customer support, and treating their promise of monthly updates like a throw away comment.

• I tried this and it worked after several tries. I'm on the August update. Thank you for posting this.
  • isnepkt isnepkt
     / 

I was stuck on April security patch. Finally gave in and did a factory reset, didn't even need a VPN to receive updates. Currently installing June patch, let's hope others will follow.