Static noise from speaker

Hi everyone, When I listen to any sort of audio through the main speaker, it goes with noticable white noise. At high volume settings, it is not that striking.

Static noise from speaker

kwn345 kwn345
✭✭  / 

Hi everyone,

When I listen to any sort of audio through the main speaker, it goes with noticable white noise. At high volume settings, it is not that striking. Especially at the two lowest settings it really messed up the whole audio, to the point I don't want to use it any more. At lowest setting I sometimes can't understand speech at all because of this. The problem is not there when I use headphones or Bluetooth. It is there for all apps and files. Even the notification sounds. And yes, I did a full reset :/ Does anyone else notice that? Is that a result form cost cutting or is there a defect on my specific decide?

The next days I will try to find one in stores nearby. The have not set the devices up right now but promised me to do so soon.

Tagged:

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

Have not heard any such issues on call, music , notifications or movie playback thru loud speaker. Try disabling ok Google assistant and see if that makes a difference

• kwn345 kwn345
    ✭✭  / 

I went to the store and tested a device there. Same issue. It seems to be due to low quality. Other Nokia phones of previous generations at the same store did not show this effect. The problem could be made less noticeable by raising the minimum volume.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

What model number? I do not hear any static like noises coming from the speaker. How low is the volume?

• badger810 badger810
    ✭✭  / 

@kwn345 I have tried it on my TA-1234 with no issues on the speaker at all for music play back etc.

I have also tried the two lowest speaker volume settings you were getting issues with and it works fine with no distortion at all on my device.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭  / 

The question is how close are putting your ear to the speaker? I think what you are hearing is the product of how close your ear is to the speaker? I believe this is a physical issue of speaker to ear location. Not a sound output from the speaker.