June security patch. Gcam not fixed. Outdated vendor image.

I hope HMD will soon provide us with a latest vendor image to fix camera issues.

June security patch. Gcam not fixed. Outdated vendor image.

user1539976970905 user1539976970905
✭✭  / 

I hope HMD will soon provide us with a latest vendor image to fix camera issues.

Tagged:

Comments

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

there is difference between security patch and maintenance release update. Security patch doesn't fix any bugs on phone its just related to security concerns and protection of data.

Only maintenance release update can fix bugs on phone. Also that GCam is developed by third person so you can't force anyone to fix issue. Gcam is port that works similar to Google cam which is developed for google pixel devices only.

• user1542692860701 user1542692860701
    ✭✭✭  / 

I don't think so

Gcam port should works on most of snapdragon android devices with camera2api enabled, even on the entry level sd4xx series.

The current problem is:

After nokia rolled out android 10 for this device, they still use the old and outdated vendor image from android 9 on this device so they messed up with camera2api in this phone.

If you don't believe me, try download and install footej camera 2 from play store and use the slo-mo mode and you'll see that the viewfinder is lagging, which means there's something wrong with the camera2api since it works fine on android 9.

They're too lazy to update the vendor image.

Nokia 8.1 have this camera2api bug on the early android 10 build but then nokia rolled out new update with new vendor image so the gcam and the other apps need camera2api works fine.

I hope they'll give update on the vendor image in the next MR Upgrade.

• user1542692860701 user1542692860701
    ✭✭✭  / 

If nokia can't fix the gcam bug by giving us new vendor image, then they have to improve the camera software quality in this phone!

Everyone who use gcam is because the nokia camera app has very poor quality especially at low light condition. And the 30fps slow motion is also suck!

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

No brother only some of android 10 based phone are working well with gcam. My cousin having poco phone on android 10 but Gcam sucked at middle doesn't work at all.

Currently nokia 7.2 and 8.1 don't have any issues with gcam on android 10. Instead 7.2 working so good with gcam (much better than android 9 gcam).

Yeah Nokia people are too lazy in giving update. Don't expect camera update I'm waiting since 2 years from my 6.1 plus.

• Abdul_mng Abdul_mng
    ✭✭  / 

It's not just gcam, even Snapchat and other third party camera apps are having issues... Nokia messed up our phones. Nokia 7.2, 6.2, 4.2 are all working well with gcam even with android 10. The fault was never from gcam developers it's Nokia!

• user1539976970905 user1539976970905
    ✭✭  / 

Yeah... It's not only gcam , the issue is with the all 3rd party camera apps. The issue is with the camera2api after Android 10 update. I know, fixing 3rd party apps is not a concern for them as far as the stock camera app works but it make sense when there is a system bug in camera2api. Let's hope they update the vendor image in next MR update.