Nokia Mobile Company ignores user complaints for Nokia 7.2

Despite numerous complaints raised by Nokia's customers in the tens of thousands, about Freeze Display problems on Nokia 7.2 sometimes after the April Security patch Android 9 & Update Android 10 , and the original problem has been since the January 2020 update V1.270 Android 9 ..

Nokia Mobile Company ignores user complaints for Nokia 7.2

ch3rouffa ch3rouffa
✭✭  / 

Despite numerous complaints raised by Nokia's customers in the tens of thousands, about Freeze Display problems on Nokia 7.2 sometimes after the April Security patch Android 9 & Update Android 10 , and the original problem has been since the January 2020 update V1.270 Android 9 .. 😔

Also, there is a problem in the Nokia Camera software that does not provide accuracy in photography or consistent colors .. It does not match the Nokia Lumia and Nokia PureView software at all.

A big drawback, Nokia 7.2 is a 48 megapixel camera, which is irresistible in front of the Nokia Lumia 830 or 930 camera, with 10 and 20 megapixel cameras.

Night photography catastrophic For Nokia 7.2, Nokia Lumia software is much better at night photography

Comments

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  /  edited July 9

Nokia PureView smartphones of past that you mentioned had a much advanced camera algorithm compared to the Nokia 7.2. Those phones cannot be compared to the mid range Nokia 7.2.

The processing styles were different back then. If you look at images from the old Nokia PureView smartphones you will notice the photos didn't look oversharpened compared to current phones from any manufacturer. People nowadays prefer crisp looking photos on their phones and prefer photos which look colourful for sharing on social media. So, that's what HMD is targeting. But for people who are into photography they also added the RAW option but then not everyone puts so much time and effort in editing images.

Coming to night mode I agree it needs some serious improvements. Also, it was just their 1st gen night mode so maybe in a year or two they will be able to improve it. They are a small team so it will take time.

The screen freeze issue that you mentioned might not be related to software at all. @singhnsk would know better about the screen freeze issue as he himself faces it while playing games.

• ch3rouffa ch3rouffa
    ✭✭  / 

who is this @singhnsk ?!

• ch3rouffa ch3rouffa
    ✭✭  / 

Don't forget, the Nokia Lumia 830 is powered by the Snapdragon 400 processor ، It has PureView technology Camera ..

I see that Google Camera is the closest and best because it mixes accuracy, clarity, color consistency and saturation .. Google camera if available in Nokia phones officially like Google Camera Go in Nokia 1.3 would have been a beautiful thing because Nokia 7.2 needs a strong program such as Google camera that handles images and the accuracy of 48 megapixels Not just 12 megapixels on Google Camera

For information, Xiaomi will work with the application of a Google camera specially equipped for the company, with any accuracy of 48, 64 and 108 megapixels available at the end of this summer or the beginning of 2021.

• Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    Super User  / 

The PureView technology was different and much more advanced and I agree Nokia 7.2 can't come close to that but if you compare the images from the Lumia 830 to the Nokia 7.2 now, you will notice that the dynamic range on 7.2 will be better than the lumia 830.

Google camera is all about sw and computational photography and as of now no other OEM can achieve what Google can. Google has a lot of data at its disposal to make it happen which isn't possible for other companies. While the Google Camera Go is nit what you woul want on a Nokia 7.2. The performance is poor than the camera of 7.2. It is made for low end devices and I personally would not want that camera go to be the default camera application on devices like the Nokia 7.2.

Nokia 7.2 uses Samsung 48MP sensor which Binns the pixels to give you a 12mp image. The sensor cannot capture in 48MP resolution no matter what camera app you use. Nokia Camera has a 48mp option but that just scales up the image to that resolution.

Gcam ports need to be ported for different phones and it depends on the person how he makes the app work for different devices. Currently we have to reply on gcam ports made for other devices as no dev is developing gcam port for any Nokia devuce. Because of this the gcam port you use will have some limitations.

• FTBK FTBK
    ✭✭✭  / 

I really like hmd's marketing🤣

But they should allow thirdparty cameras to use all modules on 7.2 and other phones.

Also I noticed that all nokia phones are very similar to buget/midrange Xiaomi ones. Do they use the same OEMs?

• Sunil Mori Sunil Mori
    ✭✭  / 

I have found one issue in my Nokia 7.2 camera, which is that if we choose the Reset Settings, then it'll be displayed the confirmation popup. Although i choose the cancel option, the camera settings are getting reset.