Nokia 8.1 freezing again

Year 2019 has seen Nokia 8.1 freezing every day dozens of times with series of lock unlock exercise to make the screen work again.

Nokia 8.1 freezing again

LalitD LalitD
✭✭  / 

Year 2019 has seen Nokia 8.1 freezing every day dozens of times with series of lock unlock exercise to make the screen work again.

After an update, don't know which one, the problem went away on its own.

There was peache for quite some time until June 1, 2020 security update.

It has brought the issue of screen freeze back from the deads.

Makes me hate my device and decision to go back to "trusted" Nokia.

But I know this is fixable. So why don't you folks at Nokia and Google please solve this for me and my brothren using Nokia 8.1.

Tagged:

Comments

• sd01 sd01
    ✭✭  / 

My nokia 8.1 also freezing since last update..charging speed is also decreased..100% takes 2 hour15 mins while earlier it took 1:30 hr..pathetic nokia ..patch this bugs

• Ramakanth Ramakanth
    ✭✭  / 

Freezing issue and battery drain issue after jun 2020 update..

• LittleOwl LittleOwl
    ✭✭  / 

Same here

• Hello Nokia,

Most of the users are having this screen freezing issue in nokia 8.1. But still it's not resolved. Please fix this issue

• SanjayP SanjayP
    ✭✭✭  / 

Yes, nokia should fix this issue ASAP! I'm facing this problem only while browsing and happens very often. I thought nokia might fix it in the August patch but they didn't. Hoping this issue to be resolved with the september security patch

• Bharat Chawla Bharat Chawla
    ✭✭  / 

Same thing happening with my nokia as well. Screen gets non responsive, freezes, then only workaround is lock/unlock the phone. Nokia customer support is not helping as well.

• sd01 sd01
    ✭✭  / 

same thing is happening with my phone

• M Siemons M Siemons
    ✭✭  / 

with me google chrome removed the problem when freezing and other internet explorer on it

• AnuragV AnuragV
    ✭✭  / 

That freezing is happening quite frequently now.Also device has become laggy.

Kindly help to fix this major issue once and final.

@HMDLaura

• In my nokia 8.1 tap to wake does not work

• Yes, the issue is on wide scale! People at Nokia should do something about it.

• VC0 VC0
    ✭✭  / 

My Nokia 8.1 also freezing, and is happening quite frequently now.

Some months ago I asked support by chat and they told me how to switch to "Verified or Secured Boot" mode with only programs witch come in firmware, to verify if installed programs freezing phone. But after 1-2 hours in this mode its also happening.

Nokia, Please, correct it. Pixel 4a (or equivalents) is looks like my next Android Phone... if not...