What is it opinion on hmd and do u think we should get new phones

So do u think hmd is bad

qwergy qwergy
✭✭  / 

What is it opinion on hmd and do u think we should get new phones

Comments

• AvgJoe AvgJoe
    ✭✭  / 

Obviously they're sh*t, they sell crap as you can see, but I'm poor as f*ck so I really can't afford a new phone, so I guess I'm stuck with them for now...

• DoesntLikeBugs DoesntLikeBugs
    ✭✭  / 

I cant even use this piece of **** 3.1 plus for daily use anymore, just browsing the web on the toilet... It **** kept restarting and saying the pin was wrong, it also wouldnt charge when the phone is switched on (still charged fine when off- so definitely a software issue) the battery **** away real quick after the android 10 malware too. Then obviously theres all the notification stuff, no whatsapp calling, no skype calls etc. The glance screen is broken too. The audio quality is awful on any 3rd party app also. It stops working after a short while on apps like VLC. Its just a complete disaster, I can't fathom how a company in this day and age can roll out, FORCIBLY, an update so horribly broken and then basically ignore the userbase, let alone rush to fix the problem.

HMD phones are literally worse than useless. Avoid at all costs. You couldn't pay me to use one of their substandard devices. Absolute rubbish. They have ruined the last of the goodwill and brand loyalty that Nokia had built up through the 90s and early 00s.

I only keep checking on these forums to warn others away from the HMD nightmare. Please spend your money on a device made by a different manufacturer. I don't think it's possible to get any worse than HMD.

I have ended up with a Sony Xperia L4. It's only for Android 9 but it works perfectly as you would expect a smart phone in 2020 to work. Motorola make some cheaper smartphones too, they might be worth a look.

• dude... dude...
    ✭✭  / 

I switched from a meizu device which had broken updates all the time... thinking that Nokia was a serious company and buying their phones with stock Android was a good idea to get proper software support. Turns out I was wrong, they push broken software which is an insult to the customer. As I am a bit experienced on cheap phones, I didn't upgrade to Android 10, which proved my theory that they will deliver crappy stuff and won't publish a hotfix.

I am aware that you get what you pay for and software development is not cheap. But if you won't be able to afford employing people to support these devices, don't go into this price point, if you are a serious company.

Devs at HMD might be thinking what do you expect for 100 bucks you broke piece of sh*t??? And they are correct maybe, but then my answer would be, to tell everyone I know to keep away from this company which goes down to such a price point that they can no longer make enough profit to employ devs to support the device.

• TatsuyaSou TatsuyaSou
    ✭✭  / 

I once bought an LG L7 II for $ 100 and it was very good in terms of build and system. Stock Android 4.1 and 4.4 worked fine and had no bugs. 

HMD has both Nokia fans and the phones in the ****. (Nokia 5310- super music phone has 16MB XD, one song at most. I will skip the fact that S30 <S40 / Symbian.)

In addition, HMD has a huge base to show off as Nokia, for example, refreshed Nokia E72, X6 (original, not a copy of Apple / Xiaomi or similar looks) or E7. The unused SailfishOS created by former Nokia employees is a complete joke for me. If they do not care about the stability of Android One or create any overlays, let them use something that is at least associated with the old Nokia.

Unfortunately, I think Nokia phones face the same fate as Blackberry.

And sorry for my bad english.

• bmsg 1980 bmsg 1980
    ✭✭  / 

Basically Nokia is like someone that is on the edge of a cliff but decided "hey, things will get better if I go one step further"....

• dude... dude...
    ✭✭  / 

They will be remembered worse than blackberry if they keep upsetting their customers like this.

At least, what they can do is to come here and communicate with people paying for their lunch. Maybe say things like we are aware of the issue, working on it etc. @HMDLaura

Personally, I will make sure nobody around me buys their crappy toys. Pushing unfinished software to people's phones and making their lives a bit harder is a big NO.