Downgrade to Android 9

Since I am having issues with Bluetooth and black screen when unlocking after the upgrade to Android 10 I want to downgrade to Android 9.

Downgrade to Android 9

BackToPie BackToPie
✭✭  / 

Since I am having issues with Bluetooth and black screen when unlocking after the upgrade to Android 10 I want to downgrade to Android 9. I also noticed that still security patches are available for 9:

I requested the bootloader unlock key, but this does not work. Probably it is only working for a straight 8 and not Sirocco.

Who can help me with a 9 boot image and provide the instructions for the downgrade? I am a linux expert and succesfully implemented a new boot image on my former HTC.

Comments

• user1512937985414 user1512937985414
    ✭✭  / 

I also have issues with Bluetooth since Android 10 update.

Bluetooth headphones lose audio transmission signal (?), I mean they are connected, but audio starts playing through phone speaker or does not play any sound at all. Initially I did factory reset, later tried to reset bluetooth settings, nothing worked. So I thought maybe it's my headset issue and bought new, TWS earbuds (newer Bluetooth, aptX). Guess what - still same issue, still no update, no answer but thanks to this forum now I know I have 2 good headsets and broken phone with no audio jack :D

Oh, I tried with other phone - both works great.

• MacGyver1985 MacGyver1985
    ✭✭  / 

Long story short, on 9 we had less bugs and more functionality...

• BackToPie BackToPie
    ✭✭  / 

Hey user, very interesting to see that I had exactly the same issue with my car connection. I was able to dial contacts from my car, but the sound came via the phone speaker. I raised an incident at Nokia Support and in the end they proposed the factory reset. Good to know that this does not solve the issue. Alternative is to send the phone in for repair.

Fortunately I found a workaround myself: activate flightmode on my smartwatch. Do you have other devices connected to your phone?

For the black screen issue when unlocking the phone I raised another incident. Suggestion was to clear some specific caches (System UI, Settings and Quickstep) and do a soft reset afterwards. This solved the issue so far.