July Patch and fixes

romu romu
✭✭✭  / 

Something will get fixedwith the current update, hopefully

Comments

• G V G V
    ✭✭  /  edited July 28

No update in Belgium yet.

I hope it fixes the Bluetooth and WiFi problems....

28/7/20

One hour later the update arrived 👍.

• MacGyver1985 MacGyver1985
    ✭✭  /  edited July 28

Bluetooth is fixed! Whooohooo!

RAW support..

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Persistend Messages on the glance screen is not fixed, got a download symbol on the glance screen and a signal message symbol that do not go away unless rebooting

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

In fact I don't have problems with the persistent notifications on Glance view even before this update - everything work correct except for battery drain when always on is enabled... Will see battery live after July update. Bluetooth, wifi and unlock screen work good till now (16 hours after update).

• Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 

Was still on Android 9 until now and upgraded to Android 10 today with the new July patch. Everything looks good so far: no Wi-Fi problems, phone stable and snappier than previously, battery is holding nicely. The improperly trimmed home button from Android 9 was fixed. Good job Nokia from what I can tell!

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  / 

Nice to see they pushed a proper update, even though still not all issues are fixed. I hope that for those affected by wifi problems the update helps.

Personally I would have liked to see persistent notifications fixed, since this is the only real problem I had with the Android 10 update.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

Unlock screen problem with fingerprint still exist - black screen, need to press twice power button to be able to unlock ...

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Unlock by fingerprint is also not fixed for me, I wonder what they fixed. With wifi I do not feel any change

• ElZoido ElZoido
    ✭✭  /  edited July 30

Probably (and unfortunately) just a general Android update then and not one for specific Sirocco issues?

Does the fingerprint unlock issue happen when it has been locked for some time or right after the screen locks itself?

• G V G V
    ✭✭  / 

Bluetooth and wifi issues are NOT solved !!!!!!

• Pyves Pyves
    ✭✭  / 

Have not noticed any fingerprint unlock issues so far. Bluetooth and WiFi seem to work like a charm as well.

• NSU1200C NSU1200C
    ✭✭  / 

My biggest problem was the phone freezing when switching between apps. Since this update it works well. Bluetooth pairing problems were gone after the developer menu action. WiFi seems also better.

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

For me the fingerprint unlock issue seems to happen only if the phone is exposed to bright sunlight. Let's see if this update fixes anything for me...

• Jote Jote
    ✭✭  / 

After update:

1. WiFi range is still atrocious - NOT FIXED
    2. Glance screen still seems to drain battery 5% per hour (it generally seems that having the screen on whether it's normal usage or always-on drains battery faster on A10 than on A9) - NOT FIXED

So I guess neither of remaining issues (fingerprint unlock to black screen, ghost notifications) are fixed either, seeing that people are reporting them as still persisting above...

• romu romu
    ✭✭✭  / 

WiFi is **** as ****, I am loosing WiFi connection every couple of seconds with the router right behind me.

• MacGyver1985 MacGyver1985
    ✭✭  / 

Same here, although bluetooth is working again in my situation. WiFi is terrible. Walk 2 meters away from the router and the signal drops bij 50%. Unlock bug is still active and i got the feeling that the battery is even worse since this update than before..

• madralphw madralphw
    ✭✭  / 

Bluetooth no fix here :_(

• NSU1200C NSU1200C
    ✭✭  / 

A change log would have been nice

• G V G V
    ✭✭  /  edited August 1

Lucky us...we still can use this thing for calling ...

• Pixie Pixie
    ✭✭  / 

Still not landed in France (neither the August SP indeed). So, last update is June one (v 5.120)... Usually, I have been receiving monthly patches on Day 1 like most of counties.

• valyo_bg valyo_bg
    ✭✭  / 

Try without SIM card and VPN to different country.

• Pixie Pixie
    ✭✭  / 

No way yet to get updates; I have tried these 2 methods (US VPN) yesterday.

• Pixie Pixie
    ✭✭  /