Guaranteed improvement to 9P battery life with this inexpensive object found everywhere.

I have been digging into ways to extend the battery life of my 9P lately.

Guaranteed improvement to 9P battery life with this inexpensive object found everywhere.

ZenBoy ZenBoy
✭✭  / 

I have been digging into ways to extend the battery life of my 9P lately. It tends to operate and charge at a higher temperature than most phones of the same capacity which is not good since temperature is widely known to be the single most detrimental factor to a Lithium-ion battery life.

First, you need to uninstall AccuBattery or whatever third-party battery management app you are using. It consumes a gargantua amount of battery life. Aside from the advice offered by Battery University and whatnot, you need a small piece of flat stone, preferable ceramic or a material with high thermal mass that stay cools for a long time (glass also works). Ideal dimension should be somewhat blocky and thick. In my case, I just use a flat thin piece of ceramic pizza stone but it works well enough.

Put that piece of material in the fridge or freezer for about 15-30 minutes. Now you have a ready-made cooling pad to put on when charging (even overnight) or in standby. Since the back of the phone is made out of glass, the coolness will be trapped in the phone body for an extended period of time. My phone now operates at around 23 - 24 celcius and charges at around 26 - 30 celcius which is fantastic for battery life. I am aware this is a bit a deep dive but just want to share to anyone using a 9P or any glass-backed phone.