Problem charging issue charge battery after update July 2020

i have issue on Nokia 5, after update July 2020.  if I keep charge device on position battery below 30%  Nokia 5 cant charge up, stuck 30% even drop 15% 

Problem charging issue charge battery after update July 2020

riz_kick riz_kick
✭✭  / 

i have issue on Nokia 5, after update July 2020. 

if I keep charge device on position battery below 30% 

Nokia 5 cant charge up, stuck 30% even drop 15% 

I use original adaptor and cable nokia 5

Answers

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

I know how to fix. On some devices it works only after factory resetting while on some it will work without factory resetting. So first let your phone die completely to the point where even after pressing the power button nothing comes up. Then let it charge to 100% without turning it on. After it has charged to 100% turn it on without removing the charging cable and let it keep charging. When the device boots, battery precentage may not be 100%. Maybe 20 or whatever. Let it charge to 100% till it says charged this time DON'T TURN OFF THE PHONE. After it says charged, unplug the phone and use it till the battery completely dies again. Then charge it while switched off to 100% and turn it on. Verify if the battery percentage inside the Android OS matches the 100% you charged outside. This is my battery calibration technique. It usually fixes the issue. If not then use Recovery to factory reset the device. Hard reset. Don't factory reset from the Android OS. DO IT FROM RECOVERY. ELSE IT WON'T WORK.

This will only work if your battery works well and is healthy and has no issue.

I have battery drain issue and lose port issue. But I don't want to replace my charging flex cable as when I changed it on my Nokia 6.1, lot of connectivity issues now.

Battery drain issue can be fixed by disabling a few evenwell apps which is available in the community forums.

There's some issue with new builds. Original charger won't fast charge at all which 3rd party charger with same wattage can charge my phone rapidly.