June security update fails to install

Hey, I'm having some problems with getting the security update for June to install.

June security update fails to install

Hey,

I'm having some problems with getting the security update for June to install. It just jumps from saying it's downloading to saying it's paused, back and forth every second. I have tried to restart the phone, use wi-fi, use mobile network, pause it manually, go into flight mode and back, but it's the same every time. It keeps telling me to update as well. Never had any issues prior to this update. Any ideas?

Also, I have been getting a message saying the temperature is over the limit the last 2 times I have been charging my phone with the included charger, and that I need to stop charging, but the my phone app shows 44 Celsius and says everything looks good.

Any insight would be most welcome.

Best regards Andreas

Comments

• Sadly, I had to do a Reset to factory settings after also trying to boot in safe mode as suggested by Nokia support, but at least that solved everything.

• So, I've also just had this rapid security update downloading/paused looping issue on a Nokia 8, on Android 9, failing on a 1.65GB October patch. This happened after it had been delayed by full storage space on the phone.

As I also reported on my Reddit post...: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/keoqw2/nokia_8_in_security_update_downloading_download/

... I managed to resolve it without a factory reset. Following tech support suggestions (and adding a little extra measure myself). As follows:

Settings => Apps & notifications => See all apps => Settings=> Storage => Clear Cache *and* Clear Storage.

Same for the Google Play Store app and the Google Play Services app. The second wasn't instructed, and I'm not sure if it was necessary. I also disabled the Google Play Store app. All done with WiFi off, just in case. Then rebooted by holding the power and volume up buttons together for 10 seconds.

A long but successful update install was then possible.🙂

• Leon26 Leon26
     / 

Thanks for posting this. Please reset you phone and your gonna good to go

NJMCDirect