Missing NFC tile? Why? - No screen recorder? Why? - No sound for screenshot missing!

The NFC tile for quicker 'On' and 'Off' is available in all other smartphones, it seems to be a big backstep for Nokia to have it readily available to quick enable and disable as a tile for quicker safety switch feature.

Missing NFC tile? Why? - No screen recorder? Why? - No sound for screenshot missing!

Alti1981 Alti1981
✭✭  / 

The NFC tile for quicker 'On' and 'Off' is available in all other smartphones, it seems to be a big backstep for Nokia to have it readily available to quick enable and disable as a tile for quicker safety switch feature. It is necessary to have it as quick tile.

Same lack also comes with no screen recorder.

Addition to that, unable to disable screenshot sound, that's just plain annoying.

My expectations were high for Nokia, but seems to be big backstep compared other smartphone's.

Comments

• Tom Mellor Tom Mellor
    ✭✭  / 

Actually the NFC tile isn't available on pixel phones, Motorola's and a few other brands. Not a Nokia issue at all.

• Alti1981 Alti1981
    ✭✭  /  edited September 18

It is an issue for not having it as an Quick Tile, all other brands have.

It completely nuts to pressing stages before reaching it. Whoever thought of it not to include Quick Tile for NFC? - Only Nokia.

• Tom Mellor Tom Mellor
    ✭✭  / 

Google don't include the NFC tile in stock android. So it's most definitely not a Nokia issue.

• Alti1981 Alti1981
    ✭✭  / 

Right, not Google's, but Nokia's. Who would thought to repeat all this and still don't get it. Right? Doh...

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

It's not on all other brands. There are more people not using nfc then are actually using it so I can see not spending time to implement it

• Alti1981 Alti1981
    ✭✭  / 

It's basically wrong assumption more people are not using it hence no need for it to exist in Tiles.

- On the contrary it's becoming more ordinary to use NFC.

1. Contactless door locks.

2. Contactless car doors.

3. Contactless payments, ie. by the way I personally use it to make payments on stores that accepts contactless and very much convenient, except for security reason the steps you have to perform Nokia phone's are insanely ludicrous hidden away for activation and deactivation.

4. Computers with contactless or nearfield NFC for quick pairing.

5. Contactless over ear headset.

- So, Nokia is contradicting very much statements when other brands than Nokia have quick tiles for NFC fir safety reason ie. prevention of own NFC identification etc.

Nokia is not appreciating continuation of making NFC tile available in midst of pandemic, also is not appreciate security issue.

- Also getting annoying notifications at the moment while I am watching video in fullscreen. Seriously bugged Nokia OS for the moment.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yes but these things are not I. Stock android unless added by the phone manufacturer. There are apps to add a toggle for nfc in the play store. Screen recorder not a typically used request not sure what it's used for. Look for apps in play store