camera problem

Please fix this problems. It is annoying when you need it right away. the camera is have problem after the new android update last mounth.

camera problem

Please fix this problems. It is annoying when you need it right away. the camera is have problem after the new android update last mounth. when camera is opened you hear a voice from front mic. i cant take video any more when i open a camera app beacuse the sound is destroy video . this bug or problem is just for rear camera not selfie camera

Comments

• David1989 David1989
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2020

I'm having a similar problem. It happens too while using camera in WhatsApp app, for example.

I can hear the noise before press the récord button, in photo Mode too.

Any idea? I hope it won't be hardware problem. I will upload a video in YouTube and put here the link to show it.

Thanks.

• Anyone facing issue with Camera after September 2020 security update? The camera hangs like anything. It works properly only when I connected to a charger or when it is having close to 100% charge. Anyone having the same issue?

• UncleDekka UncleDekka
    ✭✭  / 

I am having the issue whereby the phone is making a constant whirring/clicking noise whilst the camera app (or indeed even a 3rd party camera app) is open.

Chatted with Nokia "support" who were an absolute disgrace. Basically telling me tough there is nothing I can do. The phone was bought - new - from eBay but because it was over a month ago they are also unwilling to help.

Basically now stuck with a phone which I cannot use.

Supported Nokia for over 2 decades, including right through the Windows Phone days, but I will never touch one of their products again.

• David1989 David1989
    ✭✭  / 

The last thing the support team told me via live chat was to perform a hard reset. So in these days I will backup all my files and do it, and then see what happens. I will post here the results.

• UncleDekka UncleDekka
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2020

Honestly wouldn't bother mate. Done it twice on my phone and made no difference.

• YMonteto YMonteto
    ✭✭  / 

Me too, I have the same problem with the camera.

• David1989 David1989
    ✭✭  / 

As I said in other threads, it's important to report this problem because it is not a coincidence to experience it so much people at this exact moment. It must be a firmware/update issue and should be fixed.

Make them realize: send email to the support or contact them as you prefere, and tell about this, tell to them that we are many people, show the video I recorded, tell them all things you tried without success, etc.

My phone is in warranty, but I'm sure is not a hardware problem.

• tomger tomger
    ✭✭  / 

Hello there, unfortunately I am not able to create a new thread here, but I have found a solution for the constant crashing of the imaging process.

Nokia 9, android 10, Hardware TA-1087, Build 00WW-5-25A-SP04

Solution is to delete some files on your phone, which obviously leads to some core camera and image processes crashing.

Important: I will list all the files I have deleted. You might be getting away with far less, but I had no time testing.

1. Get a decent file app. I am a big fan of the free version of Total Commander, but use whatever suits you. Give file access rights, once the app asks for it.

2. Go to Internal Files, then sub for Android/data. Go to to sub dirs com.hmdglobal.camera2 and photo editor and look for other hmdglobal folders that might have camera related names. Delete all files (not folders) from their directories.

3. Go to the main storage DCIM folder. Look for all files in the sub directories with ending .tmp and other endings that are not .jpg/.mp4 or a file ending that you specifically need. Delete all these files. For me, that were literally 100ds of files!

Right after doing the above everything was as smooth as on the first day!

Please share this info, I won't be looking around here a lot.

Best of luck, Thomas from Hamburg, Germany

• Claesj2000 Claesj2000
    ✭✭  / 

Thanks!

Tried this and it speeded up my camera and allowed to take several images after eachother again, even with RAW-support!

/Claes

• David1989 David1989
    ✭✭  / 

I'm glad to hear about a solution of a camera problem. Sadly, your method doesn't fix the buzz/noise while using the camera (which is being talk in this thread). It seems to be two different problems.

Greetings, and thanks for your info.

• My front camera option disappeared, I can't take selfies I can only use the back camera

• crastercold crastercold
    ✭✭  / 

For me along with the fact that I need to pray for like 2 hours to make the camera app start there is an added issue where if I use full volume to see a video, the display is fading into a warm colour thing that is only resolved after I lock and unlock the phone.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I also noticed noise from the rear camera. Is it this sound?

Example video: https://youtu.be/9mVU0QhYsDo

• I also have this problem, don't know when it started to make these strange noises. Recorded with my phone:

The last video without the noise I recorded 10 September, the one after that (23 September) has the problem. Now I am not sure if it is hardware or software related.

• Revo1122 Revo1122
    ✭✭  / 

Hello all, i have the same problem since April. The camera buzz when is open. don't matter with app you try to use...this not affect the quality of the images or processing. But de recorder mode capture the annoying sound.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi all,

I wrote to support and after a few steps that did not help me, they asked me to send the phone to the service center. I don't plan to yet, because I need a phone now.

• Also having this problem when in video mode with my Camera. Its gotten worse now and won't even take video just makes the noise.

• 歡樂王子 歡樂王子
    ✭✭  / 

I Fix this noise

😁

• localhost localhost
    ✭✭  / 

This is a hardware issue with the camera/focus. Mine was repaired under warranty.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Hi, this problem is hardware. Don't wait for the update. I sent the phone for service and in 7 days I had the problem fixed. 😉

• ShubhamPatil822 ShubhamPatil822
    ✭✭✭  / 

Me too, I have the same problem with the camera.

Is your problem solved???

• Hi, I've tried your solution tomger. I've found out cache and files directories had a wrong last modified value. Delete and Create new folders seems to make Camera works again...for now, at least.

• gipo gipo
    ✭✭  / 

Does anybody has a solution for the camera/video noise bug?

• PaulolesGazs PaulolesGazs
    ✭✭  / 

Since last security update a few days ago, I also have the clicking noise with the camera...

Am'I the only one ?

Any solution for this ?

• gipo gipo
    ✭✭  / 

Does anybody has a solution for the camera/video noise bug?

• Kelticknight Kelticknight
    ✭✭  / 

I'm have this problem as said here. Have tried all solutions here and on web and nothing works. I contacted Nokia which are a total waste of time . I was looking at buying the Nokia xr20 but my experience so far with Nokia is putting me off taking a chance with Nokia incase have same issues with new phone. Might have to look at another brand like OnePlus. Can't believe Nokia support is so bad .it's all over the web about this problem. All Nokia are doing is burying their head in sand and hope it goes away.