Disappointing nostagia phone

I still have the original 7110 and have been waiting with anticipation for the Nokia 8110. I went to my local store to check it out.

Disappointing nostagia phone

c05m1c c05m1c
 / 

I still have the original 7110 and have been waiting with anticipation for the Nokia 8110. I went to my local store to check it out. It doesn't live up to the hype. I would have expected better quality, the sprung slide. The plastic that it is made of makes it vulnerable to any slight knock. the screen is not scratch resistant. Though call audio is way better than 7110. but just on the basis of the poor slide action and cheap feel - I walked away without buying. 

Comments

• Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 2018
    I still have my 7110. The original cost of that was the cost of a flagship at the time. This is a much cheaper phone. I have found the slider to be good so far. In some ways it is easier to use because you don't have to fiddle with a button to release the slider.
  • eskerahn eskerahn
     /  edited August 2018

@Keith. Absolutely right. The button was the reason why I did NOT buy the 7110, but loved the 8110.

To fumble for a tiny button to pick up a phone ringing at night is so much more inconvenient than pulling the slide with your thumb.

I don't understand why many (like the OP) keeps comparing it with the 7110, After all it is called "8110 4G" not "7110 4G", and in contrast to the original(s), this is designed as a budget friendly nostalgia version, so do not expect it to be comparable with a flagship of the time..

• user1535554788835 user1535554788835
     /  edited August 2018

If you dont own one, it's hard to judge. I love mine.  Is it a smartphone, oh heck no, is it a good feature phone, yes.  Rather than focus on the negatives, why not look at the positives?

• 4G
    • Wifi
    • Snake II
    • Nostalgic value
    • Form Factor
    • KaiOS - growing

• any comments on the call quality
  • Keith Keith
    ✭✭✭  / 
    The phone had its faults but overall I really like it. Hopefully KaiOS will put some updates out to fix the bugs.
  • user1535554788835 user1535554788835
     /  edited August 2018

audio quality for calls is fine - no problems for me.  The hands free is a little distorted - the volume is super loud, but the speaker is super small!

• thanks for the reply on sound quality