Temp phone requirement

All, I wonder if I'll ever live long enough to see the next "flagship" and wonder if it will be surpassed by another vendor before then... Anyway...

Temp phone requirement

khunter08 khunter08
✭✭  / 

All,

I wonder if I'll ever live long enough to see the next "flagship" and wonder if it will be surpassed by another vendor before then...

Anyway... I need a new phone to do more than just make calls. My Lumia 920 isn't supported by any apps. I don't want to spend much in case the next Pureview actually comes out. Suggestions?

Comments

• khunter08 khunter08
    ✭✭  / 

Well, it is now November and the 9.3 Pureview 5G is still not available and rumors of a model 10 are making the circuit. As much as I dislike the idea, maybe it is time to find another manufacturer or (heaven forbid) go to an Apple 5G phone.

HMD, you seem to be disappointing the tried and true Nokia fans. To me, there are too many different models of low and mid level phones. I want a phone that will last for years and not cost the price of a new car. You haven't seemed to manage that feat since you licensed the Nokia name.

A weed can be called a rose, but it's still a weed.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Hi @khunter08, I think all of us old Nokia fans will keep getting disappointed by HMD. The more I expect the things to go better over time, they actually start going worse and HMD is more and more going away from the roots of Nokia.

Ranting aside, my opinion is that HMD is not a big enough company to deliver some real innovation that can outshine the work of more powerful OEMs (Apple, Huawei, Samsung & the BBK group). HMD is still too small and inexperienced (even though they hired a lot of ex-Nokia management guys, the talent to improve the products lies with actual engineering and R&D investments which HMD lacks a lot). So, a PureView from HMD which can really deliver well is probably not fair to expect as of now.

But they should really once again attempt at well balanced products with good design, respectable specs and a software which is really improved over time with updates and refinements.

• khunter08 khunter08
    ✭✭  / 

@singhnsk,

Thank you for the update. Knowing about the engineering and R&D situation is very informative. There just seems to be a lot of updates for the low and midlevel series of phones. I'm not sure HMD has to play "keep up with the Jones" for every model. The technology changes are too fast. I would like to just have one "bleeding edge" phone which will last me for several years to come.

That's how I felt about my E62 and Lumia 920. Both of them still work, but the software is no longer supported.