Warranty repair refused?

So I sent my 1 Plus off to be repaired under warranty but they have refused to repair it or replace it.

Warranty repair refused?

tonyb70 tonyb70
✭✭  / 

So I sent my 1 Plus off to be repaired under warranty but they have refused to repair it or replace it.

The problem with the phone is the metal clip that holds the sim card down has come away so no longer holds the sim card in place allowing to make and receive calls. Though if you hold the sim card down with you finger the sim card is recognised.

So after they received the phone I got an email from the repair team stating 'Liquid Damage' for the non repair under warranty. Though as it has not been personally water damaged by myself, I suspect it is the moisture excuse as the phone works perfectly apart from this fault.

I have now just received the phone back with the repair form and on the form there is no mention of water damage at all. The only thing that is stated is:

'Phone has mechanical damage on the board and therefore the repair no longer possible'

'Damaged PCB'

Symptom Code: 5311 - SIM Not recognised

Fault Code: 530 - SIM - Reader contact damage

So my question is should they not replace the phone under warranty if they are unable to repair it as there is no mention of Liquid Damage in the repair form?

Thanks.