Home Phones Nokia 2

Bootloader Unlock

Anyone can unlock Nokia 2 Bootloader?... If we unlock it, we will Root Nokia 2 & can install TWRP Recovery

Bootloader Unlock

TOPU TOPU
✭✭  / 
Anyone can unlock Nokia 2 Bootloader?... If we unlock it, we will Root Nokia 2 & can install TWRP Recovery

Comments

• TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 

I have try many Times but not success... I have TWRP

• Jcd Jcd
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2018

You mean you loaded twrp in memory and booted into it
    via fastboot? Is this possible? If so, what prevented you to just flash
    magisk and root afterwards?

By the way, the only free methods to unlock a Nokia bootloader that i have seen can be found by googling "[GUIDE] How to unlock the bootloader (alternate method)" (xda-developers site).

Those
    methods are involved, dangerous, and will invalidate your warranty.
    They are also not for Nokia 2, but can be adapted to a degree.

I tried them and failed, as i don't have the time for hacking in order to resolve the (many) issues i encountered.

• TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 

Akways I follow XDA, but no tricks for unlock NOKIA 2 bootloader... I have try others trick, but can not unlocked... So I wants to flash my phone with 1st release firmware... I will go NOKIA Care, and flash it... If I can Unlock Bootloader then... Join our FB Group: NOKIA 2 (User Community) 

• lookatme lookatme
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
  • hey why the(hmd bootloder unlocker)app is not working??
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The official Bootloader Unlock Option from Nokia is only available for the Nokia 8 not on any other phones from Nokia at the moment.
  • TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 
    I installed Bootloader unlock app in Oreo beta... But when i used it, after sometimes its forced stop autometicaly... Its only for Nokia 8... But now i remove many apps using ADB
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    topu said:
    Unlocking is possible through unofficial ways but those are paid. You can search on google. 
  • First activate developer options by pressing the version button in about phone menu. You press it eight or ten times. Then you van unlock.
    Warning: you void your garantee agreement and by doing so, no service from Nokia is provided anymore. Also you take the risk of bricking the phone. And then you can't ask Nokia for any help of service
  • TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 
    I know all of these, but no need unofficial paid method... I think thats not safe to provide my imei and other informations
  • UpdateNokia2 UpdateNokia2
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I have paid for the phone so I should get my freedom to do whatever within am trapped with laggy phone because I can not root it and get my gapps go as my main and to remove the full Google apps 
    And Samsung galaxy S 10 versions can be rooted while Nokia 2 can't be rooted so what's so important Nokia hiding in? The nuclear facility password? WE **** PAID MONEY TO FULLY OWN THE DEVICE REGARDLESS THE PRICE! !  😠
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    It is a wrong assumption that once you paid for the device. You get the right to own it fully and unlock or do anything. It is as per the company policy the kind of functionality and options it provides. For example, nobody can go ask Apple to unlock the bootloader of the devices or offer official jailbreaking. There are companies which offer it; then there are companies which do not offer it. It is all a part of their offering and marketing plan.
    This is a decision which consumer should take before making a purchase. As a consumer, do your research. If you need an unlocked bootloader, then buying from some other OEM which offers this is a better idea.

That said, I do hope that HMD starts unlocking the bootloaders. I will keep on demanding it too.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Well for Nokia 2 it's different case because they keep failing to get them promises for it the performance getting worst and worst and they say no we can't get Nokia 2 the go edition and with Android 7 and Android oreo the phone gets laggy for simple task and I bought the phone to see if Nokia phones are better or still **** as Nokia X and XL back then so I bought budget one to not lose much money if the phone is a **** and in case of jailbreaking apple everybody knows Apple want Sheeples I mean they want them own echo system to buy overpriced devices with **** hardware and Android features beat them features then we are in different case when you buy a pc and say Intel blocks your bios that isn't good the opensource android gives you ability to use root when Nokia create that Android phone they compile it and run it on this devices and lock the bootloader and say what you don't have option to unlock and for company that offer unlocking it and they got the key then RIP Nokia security
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    They have since then upgraded the bootloader with a new RSA private key. So, the updated phones cannot be unlocked anymore by the unofficial way. Of course, there are hacks and possibilities, so are for Apple's "secure" ecosystem which comes as jailbreaks. So, as an OEM and brand, Nokia/FIH/HMD can only improve the security, it cannot really do much about the loopholes which were a part of the existing software than updating and patching it. There are always some loops, even the infamous OpenSSL bug or the Intel CPU bug tells us the same.

As for the performance. I honestly do not recommend such a low--end chipset to anybody. The Nokia 2 is just a lousy device IMHO. It does good on display and battery, but the CPU and RAM are just not sufficient to handle the requirements of Android OS. And newer Android will naturally become slightly harder to run on older hardware which is already getting outdated. Even Android Go will not make significant performance gains to this chip. That's one reason why the Go powered Nokia 2.1 has moved to a Snapdragon 4xx series.

I completely understand your frustration. I have more for Nokia which decided to launch a device based on that CPU. If it was my decision, I'd rather not launch one instead of launching it with that CPU. That said, it might make sense for markets where the economy is not so strong. I'm not a product or demographics expert. I do not like the Nokia 2 for only one reason - the CPU and RAM. Maybe we cannot expect everything for a fixed price hehe.

✭✭✭  / 
    When I buy budget phone I want to test how they do , I mean they give that phone good care or ignoring ? 
    I can't risk buying expensive phone from Nokia and then the phone doesn't get good care at the security patches updates , bugs ..etc so I buy the budget one checking how it's going and by seeing what they are doing with Nokia 2 users ( regardless the hardware that's them choice they put such low cpu and ram within the phone ) then I will never buy Nokia phone again as it's a pain ! 
  • TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 
    Laura can't seen this thread... Maybe
  • San.Phu San.Phu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Official unlocked bootloader is required for some developers which can fixed bugs in Nokia phone and for peoples who used to install custom ROM.
  • Kartik Gada Kartik Gada
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    TOPU said:
    Laura can't seen this thread... Maybe
    The bootloader of my Nokia 2 is unlocked. I unlocked it from TechMesto and he is a very nice guy. You should check them out. Don't worry about IMEI. He can be trusted. :)
  • TOPU TOPU
    ✭✭  / 
    Maybe not work for now
  • user1520881638007 user1520881638007
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 2019
    Unless the company releases official unlock boot loader for this device it may be not safe to do by ourselves.also if delayed also every device is getting Security patches.so better if they made available the all types of SP/MR updates online it will be useful for everyone to update their device/repair their device themselves
  • user123 user123
    ✭✭✭  / 

@HMDLaura

Where is the promise of providing bootloader unlock for Nokia smartphones, one at a time by @juho ???

We are waiting from past two years and HMD is not responding and also failed to keep the promise.

I think Nokia 6 (TA-1021) may be my last device from HMD Nokia because they were not listening to us.

Regarding device support Sony is best by their "Open device" program, waiting for Xperia 10ii release. because I am not ready to invest for phones every 2-3 years.

• ashkansh ashkansh
     /  edited May 24

hi everyone. i'm new here. anyone find a safe solution for unlocking nokia 2 bootloader?