[BUGS] Nokia 5 after July update 2020

So there's the infamous battery issues across all variants. VoLTE issues on some variants. Nokia 5 doesn't support VoWiFi. Coming to less know issues.

[BUGS] Nokia 5 after July update 2020

rbeze 58 rbeze 58
✭✭  / 

So there's the infamous battery issues across all variants. VoLTE issues on some variants. Nokia 5 doesn't support VoWiFi.

Coming to less know issues.

Hotspot won't turn on if AP Band is selected as 5.0GHz. It works if it's set to 2.5GHz instead of 5.0GHz. If the hardware doesn't support it then the option shouldn't exist in the menu.

So I don't know if many of you format a memory card as internal storage but I do. Initially till Oreo it used to work fine. But after Pie my phone used to stall and delay. So I factory reset it. Now when I try to format my SanDisk Extreme Pro 64GB UHS-I Class 10 V30 A2 160Mbps R 90Mbps W microSD card as internal storage it says it the SD card is slow and may slow down the apps and blah blah. Never had this issue before. It is one of the fastest UHS-I cards one can buy right now. But compared to the superior NAND chip used for internal memory, it's slow. A lot slower. Still I continue anyway, and click on move apps, photos, videos and data to it. Nothing gets moved to it. Only about 500mb which I suppose is the cached data is moved. And when I manually try to move apps myself by going to App Info>Storage>Storage used> and change it to external, none of the apps can be moved. It says not enough free space on something. What is the point of formatting it as internal if I can't even move apps to it. It's as good as leaving it as portable storage if all I can do is store only photos and videos on it. I tried installing new apps from the Play Store and again they would always install on the Internal Storage and won't be moved no matter what I do. Tried to move using ADB also but to no avail.

Please fix this. I've run out of my on board 16GB and need to expand my storage.

Comments

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

[UPDATE] I tried a Samsung EVO+ 32 GB UHS-3 and formatted it as Internal Storage and anything greater than 4 bytes if moved to the SD card will get corrupted. What is the problem here? I was having lot of difficulty using my Nokia(s), the 6.1 and this 5, so I brought a Samsung Galaxy A31 and on that I don't even need to format the SD card as internal storage to move apps to it. It works great. I can still use it on other devices without formatting it. As long as I don't accidentally deleted the .android_secure folder it's safe and much better than what Android One and Nokia provides. Android One phones don't allow to use external storage as Internal Storage at all. While Nokia just messes up all my files if I used a slower card than my SanDisk one. And even if I use my SanDisk one, it just works for moving pictures and videos. No apps are being moved and when I try to manually do, it says there's not enough free space

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

[UPDATE] To improve sound quality on your Nokia 5 and fix equalizer issues. Use the attachment.

https://musicfx.en.aptoide.com/?store_name=rbeze8usa50&app_id=53194488

Download this file. It will look different. The screenshots don't really match the app. It's generated from other sources.

The app allows you to use Dolby Digital Plus on your Nokia 5

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

Any update on the Memory Card as Internal Storage issue????

• bluetoothsk bluetoothsk
    ✭✭✭  / 

I've had this issue for a looong time now, way before the July update (I don't even have that one installed yet!) and the only solution for this is to use a different phone that is preferably not Nokia, unless you like broken updates with a lot of bugs

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

[MINOR BUG]

New bugs found. So I was using my phone without a sim as I popped the sim in another phone. I kept it on airplane mode and connected to my home WiFi. It gives expected speeds considering the number of devices connected all the time, but my Nokia 5 wouldn't agree with it. It kept on showing connected; no internet on the WiFi but the downloads were working using ADM. But I couldn't make any Google searches.

Another bug is whenever I have my sims in the phone and am using the internet at any given time, the data connection won't turn off unless I reboot it manually. It doesn't turn of even when I turn off the data connection from quick settings/status bar or using the system settings. It'll show an x beside the network bar indicator but won't cut off the internet/data connection at all. All I can do is either reboot or turn off the sim or put it on airplane mode.

I know this isn't that big of a deal but I felt that I should at least bring the existing bugs to notice/light as this phone, Nokia 5 will be reaching the end of it support immediately after October and will be receiving updates till October only.

• bluetoothsk bluetoothsk
    ✭✭✭  / 

@rbeze 58 They don't care and they won't fix the bugs. End of support only means that there will be no new bugs.

• I have also problem after the July 2020 update on my Nokia 5. In the developer settings, I always set my theme to "Always Night Mode" and some of my apps turns dark but when the July 2020 update rolls out and when I've updated my Nokia 5, the dark mode always sets to light mode even if i turned it to "Always Night Mode" but after a few minutes, my Instagram is on the light mode. Please Nokia fix this bug for the October 2020 security patch and that is the last update for the 2017 Nokia Phones. Please. Thank you.

• RAVI. RAVI.
    ✭✭  / 

Hey @Arman Rian Legaspi !

Turn on settings_systemui_theme flag in Setting > Developer options > Feature flags.

This will solve your problem.

• rbeze 58 rbeze 58
    ✭✭  / 

FIX GHOST TOUCH ISSUES AT LEAST