Android 11 Go is released by Google. But when will nokia start sending updates to Go Devices?

Android 11 Go was released by Google on 10-09-2020. According to google dev.s, users can expect updates starting from next month.

Android 11 Go is released by Google. But when will nokia start sending updates to Go Devices?

Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
✭✭  / 

Android 11 Go was released by Google on 10-09-2020. According to google dev.s, users can expect updates starting from next month. Question is, when will Nokia start sending Android 11 Go updates to It's Go Devices? Will things get delayed alot like it got for Android 10 Go update?

Official Android article regarding the release: https://www.google.com/amp/s/blog.google/products/android/android-11-go-edition-new-features-coming-more-devices/amp/

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'll expect the update to rollout somewhere in Q2 2021. Developing updates is a time and resource consuming task. It will obviously take time to arrive on your phone.

• Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
    ✭✭  / 

I know that nokia doesn't care about it's "go" products much , but they can just compartmentalize and start sending updates early. People would appreciate that. I know with all this coronavirus situation, it's really hard to do. But what happened last year with android 10 ? There were no covid last year. Not atleast till January of this year. I literally got my 10 update on july first week this year. I just can't take this kinda thing anymore. Saw even flagship handset owners not getting updates , even tracked back to last year's cases. They should put more resources and effort to serve their customers.

• Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
    ✭✭  / 

Update: Nokia finally released It's roadmap for android 11 like a week ago. Hope they keep up to their word and doesn't happen like last year, when they provided me my 10 update a year after it's initial release and few months after it's promised timeline.