Screen Turns of When calling

I know that proximity sensor works while calling someone. The screen should turn off only when talking via earpiece.

Screen Turns of When calling

Aston Stella Aston Stella
✭✭  / 

I know that proximity sensor works while calling someone. The screen should turn off only when talking via earpiece. But in my phone, the screen turns off as soon as I have placed a call, I don't even put it on my ears.

Comments

• Sudiptapal Sudiptapal
    ✭✭  /  edited September 12

It works as same as Screen on timer. I set my timer on 30 seconds . So when I don't use my phone for 30 seconds, the screen turns off and locks itself. When I call someone and put it to speakerphone, It also turns off the screen after 30 seconds the call has started but the screen stays unlocked but off in this situation. After I'm done, I just turn the screen on using 1 click on power button and then end the call. It's normal and I have turned my battery saver on for all time. I think it does so people woudn't accidentally touch the screen while on a speakerphone call and end it + it saves some battery in this age of Ambient notifications, OLED and dark mode. Same for earpiece

• Aston Stella Aston Stella
    ✭✭  / 

No, you see, screen should turned of only when the phone is connected to a call AND it is near my ears, that's the work of proximity sensor. But in my case, the screen turns off as soon as I place the call. For this reason, I couldn't even put it on loudspeaker because screen is off.

• I found same issu 1 or 2 times other than its ok

• Rakesh Yadav Rakesh Yadav
    ✭✭  / 

Same issue is with my phone...

• Joeli Joeli
    ✭✭  / 

Hi friends

I am facing same issue on cell phone. When i called someone then my cell phone screen turn off automatically i don't know what is the reason behind it. I have tried many times that the screen does not turn off but still facing same issue. I also changed all settings of my cell phone but facing same

issue. I don't how to resolve this issue. Please guide me.

Thanks!