Rooting this phone

How is android one rooted? Will nokia support customizations?

Rooting this phone

mrwildcard mrwildcard
✭✭  / 
How is android one rooted? Will nokia support customizations?

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited August 2018

Nokia does not officially support rooting and customizing of the device. There are unofficial methods which  allow you to unlock the bootloader and root the phones. Nokia is patching these unofficial unlocks from happening with the August security update.

So, you're expected to use your ANdroid One phone as it came from the factory. No modifications possible, which is rather sad.

• mrwildcard mrwildcard
    ✭✭  / 

That's really bad. i root my every phone the day it comes. not good to listen about nokia,

• Thems and font plz nokia how to root modal no. Ta-1083
  • You paid for Android One, Android One you get. If you root the phone, it is your own problem, leave Nokia out of that. Oh, yeah, it voids the warranty.
  • poney42 poney42
    ✭✭  / 
    Stop saying false truth, in Europe you can root your phone and if for a reason you have a hardware failure it's up to the manufacturer to proove that the rooting cause the issue. So you can root your phone in Europe without problem, it have nothing to do with hardware warranty. If a contract contains something against the law this part of the contract is voided.
    So root your phone if you want, the fact that Nokia do not support unlocking bootloader and root as stock solution suck. it's probably a thing that come with android one but still it sucks.
    I have a computer and I can still be admin of this device. why I couldn't with a phone ? to protect me from myself or external threat? this is some serious bulls***