Nokia 7 Plus USB-C charging port fail in build quality - Page 3

I regret buying nokia 7 plus and I will now always be an advocate against nokia.  The bluetooth does not work, port not working.  Worst phone ever.  Never ever bu…

Nokia 7 Plus USB-C charging port fail in build quality

Comments

• user1523711154807 user1523711154807
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi friends, Infact I am also facing the issue in terms of USB connectivity and Charging, HMD Global should need to be resolving at the earliest. Thanks
  • Dhaval Chaudhari Dhaval Chaudhari
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes I have been facing same charging issues since a week now I'm sure it will increase further as earlier problems arose in my motox play .Nokia 7 plus is still under warranty now so I'll give to service centre in Mumbai and let's see how it goes . Try charging the phone on a flat surface don't let the wire hang it will loosen the phone further . I'm sure it the issue with the port.. will update soon . Goodluck to everyone facing same trauma
  • My phone charger sport aslo same problem thee pin issue not working properly
  • Dhaval Chaudhari Dhaval Chaudhari
    ✭✭  / 
    Has anyone been able to rectify the charging port issue successfully under or outside warranty plz let us know thanx everyone
  • BLaat BLaat
     / 
    Again, I think it's a software issue. When i connect the cable it switches between charging and not charging every let's say 10-15 seconds, without touching the phone or cable. But eventually it will steady charge the battery.
    Some of you had the USB port of the phone replaced and the problem was still there. That's even more proof that it's not a hardware thing.
  • My phone has the same issue. Had it since September. It stops charging if the cable is moved slightly too far to the side - which never happened when I first got the phone. Nokia need to start sorting this out because so many of us are having this issue. I've tested it with another charger (Huawei) and cable too and they didn't solve it 
  • Somehow since I posted my above reply, it's got worse! If the cable is straight or at certain angles it'll stop charging, and THREE TIMES in the space of ONE hour it stopped charging completely. Tried two chargers, again, and this happened with both. Tomorrow I'm contacting the retailer because I'm getting sick of this. I rely on my phone and if it doesn't charge reliably it's close to useless.
  • I have the same issue with my Nokia 7 plus. I have had it 9 months. Its currently completely dead and won't charge at all. Can anyone recommend a docking station or way to charge it. I have to get my documents off my phone before it gets sent for repairs.
  • ACX ACX
     / 
    Faulty hardware -  (DESIGN FAULT !):

Specifications:
    * Manufacturer: Nokia
    * Manufacturer code: 20B2N0W0002
    * Manufacturer title: ASSY_KIT_B2N/Sub board
    * Note: Type-C
    * Suitable for: Nokia 7 Plus Dual Sim (TA-1046), Nokia 7 Plus (TA-1055)

There isn't a hardware revision available for this, so keep in mind: any replaced part (Nokia service or otherwise) means the phone comes back to you with a NEW (but practically THE SAME and FAULTY sub-board)   ==> the problem WILL come back after a while.

As the phone is out of production, there will NOT be active measures from Nokia for a HW revision/hardware redesign for that single piece of hardware. As I know at this moment, there are no available alternatives for this sub-board (using a part from some other supplier or manufacturer or any non-OE alternatives).

What can you do:

1. Forcibly open a ticket through the support app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

2. Have your faulty sub-board replaced by NOKIA authorized service (free of charge for phones under warranty and with no other physical damage - mostly screens as it must be taken apart to reach the sub-board) based on the ticket opened @1.

3. Once replaced, use extreme caution when charging phone:

a) do not use it while charging
    b) keep it on a flat surface along with at least 10cm of the charging cable
    c) if using other charging cables than the original one, please keep in mind that some of those cables have a logo on one side of the charging port - use that logo as a reference and charge the phone with the logo part upwards
    d) while used in car for charging/connected to the ICE system, find a holder that keeps the phone fixated (do not place it in awkward positions all around the car/seats/center console/whatever)

As a conclusion:
    - keep the movement of the charging cable to a minimum in order to prolong the life and reduce wear and tear of the charging port.

ASSY SUB-BOARD:

• Sad to say I'm leaving Nokia behind, the faulty charge port drove me nuts (as well as a few other stuff). The ghost in the machine in this device is beyond me :disappointed:

Sadly, Moving back to Samsung.
  • I've had the same issue with my 7 Plus after 9 months with the interrupted charging. I'm going to send it off for repair under warranty and then buy a wireless charging adapter to stick behind my phone in a case. That will keep the port plugged and the charging more secure, since you plug once and then allmost never unplug.
  • danielmullin danielmullin
    ✭✭  / 
    Rex Yu said:
    Yes. I bought the phone last year in Hong Kong. The USB-C charging port is totally design and quality product. I was get failure for the charging port for just 6 months and then, another problem again after 12 months. I have got no choice to fix it again at the services center. So bad that...(I am in Hong Kong) and the repair services is outsourced to TSO and is well-known poor repair services provider. I queued for 1 hour for to reach their CS officer at the counter and they have promised to fix and get back the next day. In the second day, they suddenly sent me SMS and said that they need 3-4 weeks for spare part. I called to their Services center to get know of the details ,3 times, each waiting for 3 minutes but just get into voice message. No CS pick up phone. I have no choice to walk in to their shop and to wait for 1.5 hours and asked for the phone back. Although I am still in warranty, I just get down and asked the private shop to help to fix for me with charge and they fixed me within 30mins.
    Bad product and bad Repair services at TSO.
    Rex, I have the same issue with a 6.1 plus in HK and have concerns about going to TSO and the long delays.

Did you just go to a normal independent repair shop like in Wan Chai or Mong Kok computer centres?

My phone is still charging but I have to be careful how I do it so not completely broken but curious to know what you asked the private shop to fix exactly, just asked them to replace the whole USB-C port?
  • kartkn kartkn
    ✭✭  / 
    Charging port issue... 
    1.It will not charge the phone if it's not place in certain angle.
    2.At certain angle it Charges but no rapid charge..

My device is 8 months old and i started facing this at 6th month.

Really disappointed 😣😣
  • Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭  / 
    yes, same issue here. if you pick it up even gently while charging, it keeps beeping, meaning charging stops and restarts. I have never seen such issues with my previous devices which had micro usb ports.
  • OviToad OviToad
    ✭✭  / 
    ACX said:
    Faulty hardware -  (DESIGN FAULT !):

What can you do:

1. Forcibly open a ticket through the support app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hmdglobal.support

2. Have your faulty sub-board replaced by NOKIA authorized service (free of charge for phones under warranty and with no other physical damage - mostly screens as it must be taken apart to reach the sub-board) based on the ticket opened @1.

Same problem. I have two 7 plus and one is becoming worse every day.
    I cannot see how to "forcibly" open a support ticket in the app version 2.3.0,
    @ACX can you explain the process to open a ticket? 
    My Nokias were purched in USA via Amazon and Nokia support chat says that the warranty if void if purchased outside of "Covered Country". When I try the app it says it cannot find my warranty and send me to Taiwan warranty terms.
  • OviToad OviToad
    ✭✭  / 
    kofogt said:
    I regret buying nokia 7 plus and I will now always be an advocate against nokia.  The bluetooth does not work, port not working.  Worst phone ever.  Never ever buy nokia again.  You people suck. 
    At first I thought this comment was a bit over-dramatic but now after trying to get my two Nokia 7 plus phones fixed I am starting to agree. Nokia will only service this phone in China or maybe India. Everywhere else it is rejected for service or warranty even though it is an obvious design defect. I've been loyal since Nokia 232 but that was because of awesome support. Goodbye Nokia, I will not be able to recommend you ever again.
  • OviToad OviToad
    ✭✭  / 

After many emails and chats it has been determined that Nokia will not allow me to have my 7 plus (TA-1062) repaired anywhere. I've defended the Nokia reputation over the years because of the excellent build quality, repair and service they offered long ago. Apparently HMD and Nokia have put profitability over customer service and I will now need to make sure to tell as many people as possible to never buy a Nokia again. so sad. Greed led to the first Nokia downfall and it will be it's end again for HMD. They may get rich in the short term but there are way too many good companies out there who actually deserve customer loyalty and I will be sure to make their name known from now on. 
  • Hello to everyone who's complaining of their devices..
    First of all: Any issues you're currently facing is dependent on the store you bought your Nokia 7 plus from. Simply return the defective unit to the store you bought your phone from. HMD GLOBAL can only do as much as push software update and other stability update via software. You don't expect HMD GLOBAL to fix your device when you can always return it to the store you bought it from.. please people be wise. 
  • Facing same problem after got my replacement device(after a month follow up and lots of discussion). Very poor quality of the device. Not sure what i can do after this...May be not to recommend Nokia to others?!
    You must be very silly if you think people are going to stop buying Nokia phones. Nice try!!. But I have been using my Nokia 7 plus for a year and it gets better every single day
  • I am facing same problem . I bought the phone from UAE. the problem starts slowly first it will only charge slowly than if you put in certain angle it will charge fast. After few weeks It completly stopped charging and unfortunately I was in Pakistan at that time. I had to get it fixed so some went to local mobile repair shop and got it fixed. Now after 1 month the problem has again started.

• ACX ACX
     / 
    Hello to everyone who's complaining of their devices..
    First of all: Any issues you're currently facing is dependent on the store you bought your Nokia 7 plus from. Simply return the defective unit to the store you bought your phone from. HMD GLOBAL can only do as much as push software update and other stability update via software. You don't expect HMD GLOBAL to fix your device when you can always return it to the store you bought it from.. please people be wise. 
    LOL.

I did exactly THAT.
    Circumvented the store and sent the phone directly to Nokia (what do you think the store does, anyway ? I'll tell you: the exact same f thing).

If you cannot seem to get through the support personnel on the app (they're humans with specific mindset towards reducing costs), try this:

• agreed.. Pathetic it is
  • Red1999 Red1999
     / 
    Same problem here! Can I just have a new (different)? What's the point if it's going to break again!?
  • Cerebro Cerebro
     / 
    RIP Nokia...HMD finally ruined your reputation. I enjoyed the 7plus while it lasted...7months! Shouldn't we be able to get our money back or file a class action?
  •  nokia 7 plus charging port not working.  Worst phone ever.  Never ever buy nokia again. Please don't buy Nokia device i hate hate Nokia . I'm so many time Email to Nokia and still they not take any action. and there Nokia  Axiomcare center is also not god i send my device 2 time for repair but they not repair they are so much lier . Nokia will soon as soon seen bad days. 
  • TerryB25 TerryB25
    ✭✭  / 
    > @jimmyireland said:
    > Hi all most here know who I am and i have a serious issue with the charging port. Now like many threads here left unanswered on the issues surrounding the Nokia 7 Plus which I also have commented on and still no repsonse from anyone which is down right ignorant not to be addressed.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Here is a video on this issue on the Nokia 7 plus check it out if you have the same problem please comment below as action needs to be taken with issues on this device .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

> @Danlfc18 said:
    > Terrible fault with the phone. Happened to me. Phone under 6months old.
    >
    > Sent it back under warranty for repair. They wont repair THEIR FAULT because i have a small crack in my screen.
    >
    > What's worse is they quoted me £145 to fix the fault, i raised a complaint - the day after they ship the phone back to me without my permission. It said on the email i have 14 days. Awful customer service treating customers like rubbish when they are the ones paying for their phones, which are faulty by manufacture!!!
    >
    > They must fix the fault under warranty but they don't care. What a waste of £300. A big company like Nokia doesn't care for the customer. Buy another brand.

Hi I have the same fault on a 3 month old phone. Nokia repaired initially and returned the phone. It worked perfectly for 3 months and then the same charging fault occurred. The fault is a loose charging point, the port is moving if I push the charge lead up the port connects and the phone charges ok. Push the connector down then the connector disconnects and will not charge the phone. The 2nd time I returned the phone Nokia said the phone had liquid damage and would not repair the loose charging port fault which in itself may of let the moisture into the phone. I did not believe this as everything else on the phone is and works perfect. Even charging if I lift up the charge cable. I spoke many times on the chat line to Nokia who said they would send photos of the moisture strip indicating moisture access to the phone. They did not send anything even after 2 months of various emails.
    When Nokia repaired the first time they replaced many other components which suggested to me that the loose USB -C charger port allows further damage to happen and moisture into the phone is a good way for Nokia to escape the design fault. You cannot talk to any manager at the repair facility and Nokia do not give a reference number for the complaint, so every time you re contact you keep going around the same loop. I would never buy another Nokia phone. A phone lasting less than 9 months and already been repaired, poor customer service, this is disgraceful from a worldwide manufacturer.
  • ruben nuñez ruben nuñez
    ✭✭  / 
    Welcome to the club of clients deceived by nokia. There are many customers with the same problem "liquid damage" to avoid repairing the equipment and the real problem is a fault in the design of the charging connector. 
  • NikhilAditya NikhilAditya
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi friends, Infact I am also facing the issue in terms of USB connectivity and Charging, HMD Global should need to be resolving at the earliest. Thanks
    How will it solve? Even Nokia 6.1 Plus is facing the same issue