[22/09/20] Live Event

Hi everyone, Today is the day – we are super excited to welcome new members to our Nokia Phones family.

[22/09/20] Live Event

HMDLaura HMDLaura
Staff member  /  edited September 22

Hi everyone,

Today is the day – we are super excited to welcome new members to our Nokia Phones family.

This will be the official space to follow the conversation around our live event. Tune in today 22/09 at 16:00 BST.

Where can I follow the Livestream? 

You can follow our streams from a variety of channels.

FAQs

When is the Livestream?

The livestream will be live on 22 Sept 2020 (16:00 BST)

What's going to be announced?

Stay tuned! 

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited September 22

Look, finally they posted on the community 👀!

I'm hoping there will be some nice surprises alongside what we already know from the leaks and teasers (8.3's re-launch, 2.4 & 3.4). Best of luck, although yeah it is already staged.

• nokianchetan nokianchetan
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

8:30 PM Indian Standard Time

I am also hoping for surprises 😃

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

Nice to have a nice phone launch, although from the info so far (certifications etc) it seems there's unlikely to be a flagship or premium device to get really excited about, some multi-camera action at lower price points will be nice to see.

So that's 17:00 UTC? Why not just put the time as UTC, that is at least unambiguous. I read somewhere that BST = British Standard Time, but it's not, it's British Summer Time.

In any case I won't be available to watch it "live" so I'll have to watch it later.

I heard there will be competitions afterwards, so good luck to everyone trying to get some Nokia merch or maybe even a new smartphone?! 😮

Cheers 🙂

• nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 22

I hope Nokia will announce their android 11 OS update schedule in launch event.

• thanoofnaina thanoofnaina
    ✭✭✭  / 
  • sumankumari sumankumari
    ✭✭  / 

Good News 🎉🎉🎊🎊

• Actually no one gives damn ! ... Everyone knows nokia is going to come up with faulty products

• harrig harrig
    ✭✭  / 

8.3 5G would be perfect fo my travels globally :)

• Vasilis K. Vasilis K.
    ✭✭  / 

So, so much fuzz for just two entry series new phones? Really???

An Android 11 update roadmap would be a REAL event! Helloooo!😠

• can anyone tell me where is the livestream on fb? there is no such thing on the link provided.

• Lazysince1995 Lazysince1995
    Super User  / 

You guessed right. There is nothing surprising in todays event. No 7.3 / 9.3 /6.3. As usual all these phones will be much delayed.

• pushp kumar pushp kumar
    ✭✭✭  / 

Finally it's done 2.4 3.4 official launch

• Feature_OS Feature_OS
    ✭✭  / 

So much drama just for 2 generic smartphones. It would have been better if they had launched feature phones also. But guess what!? Sarvikas will hold another mega event for feature phones. Hats off to him... Keep going this way Mr. Sarvikas, soon you will overtake Elop in destroying Nokia brand.

• LievenC LievenC
    ✭✭  / 

Where is the anouncement about the 7.3 ???

✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 23

I just meant that Nokia should have launch Nokia 7.3 and other good devices at the same time they should have announced android 11 roadmap just like they did before in launch events. But they have postponed their devices and who knows they will launch at the end of 2020 or in Q1 2021. So until then just calm down🙂.

✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 23

@singhnsk you guessed everything right. There are no other devices other than Nokia 8.3 relaunch, Nokia 2.4 and Nokia 3.4. Irrespective of competition offering if we consider only Nokia phones then we can see good things in Nokia Phones.

If looking about Nokia 2 line up this Nokia 2.4 is good to upgrade than Nokia 2.3. On the positive side, it's Mediatek P22(P22 is a slightly good upgrade on Mediatek A22 in performance ),4500 mAh Battery, Fingerprint, slightly big display.

Similarly, If looking about Nokia 3 line up this Nokia 3.4 is good to upgrade than Nokia 3.2. Don't know where is Nokia 3.3😀. On the positive side, it's Qualcomm Snapdragon 460(SD460 is a good upgrade on Qualcomm Snapdragon 429 in performance), Triple Camera Setup with AI Imaging, Type C, slightly big and stylish punch-hole display.

Because we are expecting Nokia 6.3, Nokia 7.3, etc. we didn't see this upgraded things in Nokia 2 and Nokia 3 line up. From last year, I have seen one thing that is Nokia Phones lacking fast charging support.

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 

Hi all,

Well, that was a more nicely produced pre-recorded launch event than the last one, but I suppose there were COVID reasons for recording in meeting rooms last time! 😆

I was surprised not to see any T9 phones. A Nokia phone launch without these is like Arnold Schwarzenegger without any teeth!

The competition was a mystery to me. Only on Facebook and now I can't even find the "livestream" post there to see what the answers were... I'm not even sure what the question was - what camera feature is best for a secret agent? What was the answer to that question? Was it digital zoom?! 😵

Anyway, these two new phones look nice, have nice specs, but they don't excite me at all.

I thought it was very odd that HMD would mix "HMD Connect Pro" in with consumer facing products, because consumers aren't really interested in that kind of thing and most business types probably wouldn't watch such a launch event anyway, would they? I'm sure there are some Nokia fans who might be in the market for a corporate roaming-data management service but the overlap must be quite small...

Finally, there is some hope of seeing something more exciting since I think that @juho said "very soon" at the end, didn't he? Maybe you can come and clarify @juho 😆

Cheers 🙂

• harrig harrig
    ✭✭  / 

Always fun to see new Nokia Products :)

• LievenC LievenC
    ✭✭  / 

next to all the latest changes, one would expect that the 7.3 will also have an eSIM capability