Home India

Do you know an Everyday Hero? Tell us their story

(Image) Fans, There are heroes all around us.

Do you know an Everyday Hero? Tell us their story

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  / 

Fans,

There are heroes all around us.

Doctors and nurses, municipal workers, essential services personnel, grocers, teachers, food and courier delivery executives, the police and emergency forces - and so many more - are working round the clock so we have some sort of normalcy in our lives.

Every one of these Everyday Heroes has a story to tell - their challenges, their joys, and their fears.

Fans, let's take a pledge to tell their stories and honour the Everyday Heroes we know and the work that they're doing in these extraordinary and tough times.

Share a photo with you and your Everyday Hero and tell us how they just get things done.

Participating is simple:

1. Take a photo with your Everyday Hero.
  2. Share the photo and their story with us as comments below.

Let's shine a spotlight on those that really deserve it - the Everyday Heroes.

Comments

• ranu ranu
    ✭✭✭  / 

Great 🙏🙏

• Here is my Everyday Superhero my mother. Who is always working and cooking for our better life and health in this pandemic also. 1 Month ago i lost my father and she is the one who made my life in a right track to tackle the situations. These days are very tough for us but my mother never give up and gave us the freedom to live their life happily in present rather than for your future.

• gs9977 gs9977
    ✭✭  / 

This is my mother . Not my everyday hero but my lifetime hero . She is always there to help and support me and always stand with me in my hard times . I love to travel and wherever I go I go with her to make the journey memorable and beautiful. Mother is a source of all cosmic energy and I highly respect that form of energy. Whenever I got depressed I simply put my words in front of her and within a minute all tensions and worries gone away . Heroes couldn't be a mother but a mother could be a HERO.

#ContestAlert

#Nokia5Dot3

• sourabhdas90 sourabhdas90
    ✭✭  / 

I can only expressed my words for my mom with this beautiful poetry.

Mom - The Best Hero

You tried your best to give us as much as you can, but there is something we missed out saying thank you.

We never forget saying thanks to our friends, colleagues, beloved partners but it just that you fulfilled all our duties and we never said thanks to you.

Bhai ko school k liye tayaar karna

Tiffin banana har subah,

End moment tak puchna sab liya hai ki nahi,

Bus inn sabhi cheezo ko leke kabhi shukriya nahi kaha

Pure parivaar ka dhyan rakhna,

naye naye kapde kharidke dena

You got a lot of games for us, 

But the only thing I regret today, Why didn't I say thanks to you?

When we were small you taught us something, when someone offers you anything, say thanks to that person. Yes I remembered.

And today I realised you gave us some many things more than the others, and we never said thanks to you.

Dear Mom, you've earned a lot for us. You've respect amongst others. You are a real hero. Mom, will never let you down. Thank you so much for everything. 

Every small things matter a lot today, Our misbehaviour might have spoiled your credibility. It just that I wanted to say Thank you for bearing. 

I know its a big generation gap, 101% there is a problem between us, not you, coz you were always right. However, saying these two beautiful words will never let our ego goes down. Thank you for everything.

However, we are today, its all coz of you, our emotinal moment is between us, And that's why I would like to say "A Big Thank you for being such an amazing hero"

I would like to say thank you for bearing my stubbornness. 

You have always supported me when I was in a mess.

Thank you for being a great hero & always make things easier for me. 

Your conditional love & care mean everything to me.

Thanks for yelling for my naughtiness coz I can understand the pain you have gone through bcoz of me,

But when I share my happiness with you, this is the best feeling in the world.

For your support, I will be with you & forever,

It will be unstoppable love & it will never get over.

You are the best best mom and hero and I am feeling proud,

I LOVE YOU MOM & THERE IS NO DOUBT.

• Alok07 Alok07
    ✭✭  / 

Thank you Nokia team for this Lovely activity, My SUPERHERO is My MOM. Why she is Superhero because she always guide me and whole family members, she work for us handle whole house without expecting anything in return.

She only expecting that her family grow and live happily, she is not only backbone, she is also oxygen of our family. Her Hardwork inspired me and help me to motivate myself.

Thank you Nokia for giving opportunity to show love for my superhero.❤

• My everyday hero is my daughter. I still remember when a little bundle of joy, a small precious gem, a cuddly pink new born girl was kept in my arms by the doctor.. I was amazed, I was happy, i was nervous and I was unsure.. I didn't know how to react.. My daughter was like a miracle to me.. a man who would throw the plate when the food was not good turned into a father who not only ate khichdi with his daughter to motivate her to eat but also prepared whenever required. A person who drove car like winds started turning back to see at every turn and bend whether his cutie was okay.... a person who could tolerate a crease on his shirt converted into father who could wear the same jeans the whole day with baby powder, cream or even pee smells.. Birth of a father along with child..

Even in these difficult times, she is around me helping me managing household chores with WFH. She is adjusting with the new normal and not requesting us to take her out at all. She tells us papa mummy don't worry, god will help us and everyone :) .. Her smile keeps me motivated to come out of any difficult situation.

Her positivity and innocence fills our each day with fun, laughter, courage and strength. She takes care of birds, animals and plants around us giving them food and water. She is our cute and sweet everyday hero. #ContestAlert

#Nokia5Dot3

• Manish52 Manish52
    ✭✭  / 

Thanking one of the real Covid Hero who is serving nation as God presently yes he is serving as Doctor🥰😷😷😷I am thankful to this hero as he saved three members of my family and indirectly entire family .My family was in deep shock when three members _My mom,My Dad ,my brother were found as Covid positive .This positive result was one of the biggest negative challenge of our life Being in Delhi _Doctors supported us for home isolation .Delhi government is providing a service of home isolation and Doctors regularly follow up with patients .Our Doctor was Mr Roy 🥰He didn't take care with only medical guidance but supported the patients to recover emotionally too .My father at the age of 58,mother at the age 53 and brother 33.He gave proper written home remedies along with multi vitamin tablets and paracitamol and enquired about each and every problem of the patient .He tracked regularly oxygen meter chart and visited thrice wearing ppe kits 👍👍Now he is real family member of our family.All three patients recovered well and entire our family is Covid negative .For me by saving Everyone's life he has become my real brother for life .Thus giving him a simple vote of thanks with a rose as he is blowing just like the rose in present world with so many thorns

• vinay2166 vinay2166
    ✭✭  / 

This is the story of my #Everydayhero . 

During this pandemic. 

For most of us who like travelling, morning walks and eating out, being bound inside the four walls of a house can lead to helplessness and restlessness.

Besides that, waking up every day to a daily dose of bad news only adds to the anxiety.

While the needy are living in much more tough conditions than us, not everyone is sitting back home doing nothing. In such tough times, several individuals and groups of people are restoring our faith in humanity.

Here's the real #everydayhero Of My Life. 

Her Name is Reeti Sahai who is a Marathoner and a Adidas runner captain of Delhi also a mother of three dogs Rustam sahai,Cookie sahai and Maximus sahai.here's the story of my hero- Amid the lockdown, street dogs are helpless as people who regularly feed them are not leaving their houses. The hungry animals are roaming the streets in search of food. Restoring our faith in humanity, Reeti, provided food to stray dogs in Delhi/NCR with 400+ dogs every week, and always keeps food in her Car boot.She volunteer at a shelter as well. Where she rescue animals from the streets. She take care of 10 street dogs under her workplace + 5 outside her house + feed 50 strays every day too. 

She says, "It's our responsibility to feed them in this difficult time".also in normal days. Most people believe, ‘they are stray dogs, they’ll somehow find food’.Reeti is however a silent hero who have a much deeper insight into the plight of Delhi's / NCR stray dogs which is why she risk her own life by stepping out during a pandemic, in order to save theirs.

Not just feeding the dogs, Reeti also came up with Radium collars and clothes in winters. They could help the drivers identify the dogs in the dark while driving and avoid accidents.she do this through the year. 

Huge respect for her. Shat shat Naman 🙏

Thanks @NokiaPhones for giving me this opportunity to express my feelings towards my hero.

• anil valjibhai yadav anil valjibhai yadav
     /  edited September 24

2002 to 2009 gaient Nokia best

• kamal kamal
    ✭✭  / 

my sister is my everyday hero for me because she is always ready to serve people during covid 19, she is a banker, she is always ready to help people daily in state bank of India i love her so much.

• beast01 beast01
    ✭✭  / 

#ContestAlert #Nokia5dot3 #EverydayHero @NokiaPhones My Everyday Hero Is My Father Sh. Surender Dhaka always .... But During this pandemic time he becomes hero to superhero for me because he giving his continous 24 hours duty on borders without taking the rest of a single day .... Me , My mother & younger brother we all are chillin at home while my father busy on his duty and his duty is 24 hours standing duty on roads and my father do all this for me to protect me from this harmful disease .... My father also turned my every day into miracle by giving a miracle advice "Beta Stay Home, Stay Safe" ❤️❤️ and I am feeling proud on my father and love him so much ❤️❤️

• Harry bindra Harry bindra
    ✭✭  / 

#ContestAlert #Nokia5dot3 #EverydayHero. My wife is a teacher and teachers are mostly facing time management as a constant challenge. During lockdown they are confronted with ever-increasing obligatory meetings and training sessions. These demands are encroaching more than ever on personal time, contributing to burnout. During this challenging time a teacher may find herself emailing or messaging management or parents at as late as 8pm, compared to a working day which used to run from 7.30am to around 2pm, but sometimes she has to go to school also in these tough times of corona virus. Really hats off to her..

• Meet Ashish Chauhan. He's from a small Indian city Kullu, HP, India. Being a native from a Himalayan village , he gave up his 9to5 tech job in an MNC and choose to stay in the arms of his motherland and started working as a mountain guide, amature rescuer, mountain climber and a true nature lover. He has done many rescue operations and have rum many cleaning expeditions in higher Himalayas. I found myself lucky to be a part of his journey towards healing of mother nature.

#Hero

#ShotOnNokia

#Nokia8.1

#MountainRescuer

• In the picture the lady with me is Mrs S Maity. All her life she has served as a nurse👩‍⚕️. Recently retired👵. But in this pandemic when she learnt that the hospital where she served is in acute dearth of experienced health care providers, she did not think a minute to join back. No pay, no proper protection gear, even ignoring the fact she is in the age group who are prone to get more infected, she is out there on the war front.

When we all asked, "WHY?" She said, " I swore to serve humanity, and will do so till the last breath I take." Really they are the EVERYDAY HEROES WHO WEAR NO CAPES👏👏👏.

• nitu naresh nitu naresh
    ✭✭  / 

#Contestalert #EveryDayHero #Nokia5dot3

HERE IS REAL HERO OF MY LIFE

1. DUD WALE BHAIYA♥️ HAR SUBH DUD DENA

2. MEDICINE WALE BHAIYA

HAR ROZ TIME SE SHOP KHOLNA OR MEDICINE DENA

3. KACHRA WALA BHAIYA

ROZ SUBH DOOR TO DOOR KACHRA COLLECT KARNA

4. GROCERY WALE BHAIYA

ALL TIME AVAILABLE KARWANA GROCERY HOME DELIVERY ONLY ONE PHONE

THEY ALL ARE MAKES OUR LIFE EASY

THEY ARE REAL HERO OF OUR CITY AND LIFE

IN DIS COVID19

YAI VO LOG HAI JINHONE HAR WQT HUMARI ZURART PURI KI KHUDKI JAAN KI PARWAAH KIYE BAGER

YAI VO LOG HAI JO APNI DUTY NHI DETE TO SHAYAD HUM JI HI NHI PATE

THANKS ALL HEROES

@NOKIAMOBILE

• manju modi manju modi
    ✭✭  / 

#Nokia5Dot3

#EverydayHero

मेरे हीरो मेरे माता पिता

माँ घर का गौरव तो पिता घर का अस्तित्वा होते हैं.

माँ के पास अश्रुधारा तो पिता के पास संयम होता है.

दोनो समय का भोजन माँ बनाती है

तो जीवन भर भोजन की व्यवस्था करने वाले पिता होते हैं.

कभी चोट लगे तो मुंह से ‘ ओह माँ ’ निकलता है

रास्ता पार करते वक़्त कोई ट्रक पास आकर ब्रेक लगाये तो ‘ बाप रे ’ ही निकलता है.

क्यूं कि छोटे छोटे संकट के लिये माँ याद आती है

मगर बड़े संकट के वक़्त पिता याद आते हैं.

पिता एक वट वृक्ष है जिसकी शीतल च्हाव मे,

सम्पूर्ण परिवार सुख से रहता है…!!!!

मेरे परिवार की फ़ोटो

• My friend.. Always support me.. Teach me life.. One of the guy in the world understand me and advice me when I needed

• #Nokia5Dot3

#EverydayHero

During this pandemic situation, one day my son said to me that mom, why don't we gave sanitizers to the needy people. I felt so happy..he told me that it's really important in times of crisis when people are doing something positive. He told me mom MODHI JI NE BOLA H SABKI HELP KARNE H. WE HAVE TO FIGHT TOGETHER WITH THIS DEADLY VIRUS.

Then I decided to gave sanitizers ..& this is all for my small hero my son..

• Cleanliness is Equivalent to Godliness. These Municipal Workers clean our surroundings to keep us away from garbage. I took initiative to bring little happiness in their life. #Nokia5dot3 #EverydayHero

• praveenp praveenp
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Ma'am, just an opinion which I generally give to people who say it wrong. Apologies if it sounds offensive.

Regarding Point 3...

They are NOT "Kachra Walas".... They are "Safai Walas". They do "Safai" of the kachra that we spread.

Kachre wale to hum log hain.

Thank you.

• #EVERYDAYHERO #NOKIA5DOT3

MY WIFE IS REAL HERO

SHE WAS PREGNANT THAT TIME

JAB LOCKDOWN SHURU HUA USKA FULL MONTH THA VO PREGNANT THI AND VO EK BAR B NHI KHABRAI KI KYA KESE HOGA AFTER ONE MONTH JAB DELIVERY KA DIN THA VO BOLI RELAX RAHO SAB THIK HOGA COVID JESI SITUATION MAI USNE HUME SAMBALA US NANHI SI JAAN KO SAMBALA HUM SABKI CARE SATH MAI KHUDKI CARE TAB NA KOI KAHI AA SAKTA NA JA SAKTA

HATS OF HER

SHE MAINTAIN ALL THINGS

SUPERBLY

VO PAIN MAI THI TAB B MUSKARA RAHI THI

USKA COVID TEST HUA TO B VO NORMAL THI

• LovelyRahul LovelyRahul
    ✭✭  / 

For me everyday Hero is my uncle Dana bhai his deliver milk every day from village to our city in this critical situation also.

My uncle have more than 23 cows & buffalo village having more than 100000 cattles and all villagers sharing milk and butter in village free!! As per my uncle he said village life add more years in your life.....

And I believe He's so right....

• Mubashshir19 Mubashshir19
    ✭✭  / 

My friend Rameez Roshan is a doctor dedicated to serving the needs of his community. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic he was assigned to oversee the patients placed in an institutional quarantine setting prepared by the Ministry of Health. His workplace has now become his “home away from home”.

He is working closely with patients and putting his life at risk to serve the community as the nature of their job puts them and all health care workers at increased risk of catching any communicable disease, including COVID-19.

I salute him for his commendable work.

• BeVenkatesh BeVenkatesh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 1

@Chetanssoni Thank you so much! 😀

• PARESH RANPURA PARESH RANPURA
    ✭✭  / 

I am referring to all lady sweeper who are currently working on the frontlines of the COVID-19 crisis or are engaging in patient care at any level. This might be an unconventional essay coming from a doctor, but I wanted to send out my thoughts and heartfelt wishes for the well-being of health care workers during this time. Health care workers are being hailed as “heroes” at this time – and indeed, they are heroes. What worries me is that “heroes” are typically viewed as superhuman – beyond human. And that puts doctors, nurses, technicians, respiratory therapists, medical assistants, etc. into a category-leading to disownment of their human nature to function and take care of patients. This has been a reality for health care workers even before the COVID-19 pandemic.

UseI felt there was this unspoken rule that I must be above emotions, above pain, above breakdown – until difficult times came that challenged these notions. We all have difficult times, but doctors and health care providers may believe they should be able to get over feeling overwhelmed, sad, scared, or in pain rapidly in order to be there for their patients and their suffering. Theirs is the stance of having answers and solutions. If the time comes when no further solutions or treatments are possible, health care workers must be a source of comfort and stability for patients and their families. This is a noble calling, one that I cherish deeply. However, now more than ever, health care workers on the frontlines will feel the pain of their patients who are suffering from COVID-19, the sadness of the families who cannot visit their loved ones, their own fear of contracting COVID-19, and the terror of their families potentially also becoming infected with COVID-19. All of these fears can become overwhelming as this pandemic goes on. Yet we must keep in mind that health care workers must function and endure these pains and trials – not as “superheroes” but as “human heroes” – with emotions that are valid, must be owned, and may need to be addressed.

• Dr.Titas Kar Dr.Titas Kar
    ✭✭  / 

'Ting Tong! Ting Tong!'

The messages kept pouring in. Her phone didn't stop getting notifications for any length of time.

" ......And to think, I'm off duty now....", she would grumble, but at the same time would glance at the texts coming in. Once or twice, she would make a call or receive one, getting information on some patient, trying to adjust a hospital bed or arrange a transfer of some other patient.

We were out for a date after almost 6 months, and had sat down at a lunch table of a Kolkata restaurant on a Saturday afternoon in September. But Dr. Papiya Roychowdhury, couldn't mind her own even then. She is deputed to a Government COVID Hospital at Barrackpore, North 24 Parganas, a district hotspot of COVID-19 in West Bengal. Being a nodal figure in a busy hospital tackling COVID patients, all admissions and referrals, RT-PCR COVID reports, rapid tests, COVID deaths must be communicated through her, so she had to check the messages, lest some crucial information got missed. Scarcity of beds is paramount, so requests for admissions come pouring in. Whilst on duty, she barely has time to respond to calls or texts apart from those pertaining to COVID work. Being out for leisure didn't afford complete freedom as well. This has been her schedule for the past two months.

Prior to this, Papiya was posted in Siliguri, 600Km away from her home town. Once the pandemic started, she was stuck in her hostel for 4 months, serving the COVID patients in north Bengal. Battling the novel Corona virus, far away from home with no provisions to travel home was one stressful saga but she managed it well. For months, the only fancy attire that she could wear was a PPE gown (personal protective equipment) with eye cover.

The transfer back home was a relief of sorts but that made her even more busy. Now, apart from managing one of the busiest COVID hospitals in south Bengal, she had the added responsibility of not mixing freely with her parents, both of whom are aged and diabetic patients. Her home episodes are a separate story of discipline : she spends 10 hours daily in the COVID hospital— so, to avoid infecting her parents inadvertently when she returns home, Papiya has neither sat at a dining table, nor been with them in a room for two months. She has her meals in her own room, and her parents talk to her from the staircase. She does her own clothes & dishes. She does not attend to other patients at her home clinic. It is a sort of virtual bio bubble that she has managed to put herself in without feeling claustrophobic.

With the pandemic in full swing, there is no end to this in sight. But Papiya continues to put her head down and does what she feels is good for the society at large.

As we sit and eat, a text comes in, looking at which her eyes lit up. I asked," What now?"

" Oh! Here's the Government approval for increment in the number of beds in our hospital. Hopefully, a few more COVID patients will get beds then......", she says.

" Yes! .... and an even busier schedule awaits you, eh?!", I ask teasingly.

She chuckles.

For her continuous efforts to strive for a better tomorrow in a COVID free world, Dr.Papiya Roychowdhury is my 'Everyday Hero'.