Android 11 - Expectations and Suggestions to make device better

Hello @HMDLaura With the release of Android 11 by google ,Now most of the eligible devices are eagerly waiting to have the latest android upgrades on their…

Android 11 - Expectations and Suggestions to make device better

user1520881638007 user1520881638007
✭✭✭✭  / 

Hello @HMDLaura

With the release of Android 11 by google ,Now most of the eligible devices are eagerly waiting to have the latest android upgrades on their smartphones as much as possible .But at the same time let myself and other community members (if possible) give suggestion what we expect in actual .on this from my side here are the points

• Phase Roll out of Android 11 Features - This can make users don't get trap with bugs affecting device performance(since Pixel devices also facing issues in Bubble Notification, Media Controls)
  • Stability in Connectivity by Not Affecting 4G/4G+ and Wi-Fi based Voice and Internet ,VoLTE and Ping, Latency, Jitter Issues
  • Camera Updates - Since 2018, None of the devices aren't updated causing camera experience worst than
  • Sound - Expecting that there may be improvements in loudness with tweaking the decibel level by +10dB
  • Suggested to Add Device Feedback option in "My Phone" app so that users can screenshot the issue along with comments and send to relevant team to do workarounds for fix
  • Need Improvements in Gaming experience
  • No Battery drain issues
  • Touch response need to be addressed for Few Devices (Like Nokia 3.2,7.2 etc)
  • Other Misc improvements which makes device performance better

Hope your team may able to reach out to fix these and make improvements for better experience !

Comments

• nitinkachare nitinkachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 29

I like your this thread and completely agree on your suggested things. I like mostly Add Device Feedback option in "My Phone" app so that users can screenshot the bug/ issue along with comments and send to the relevant team to do workarounds for a fix. Technical support should have to monitor such things if they don't monitor bugs thread in the community.

User expect that stock android must have the least amount of bugs and smooth user experience without any critical issues. So, Android One needs to be bugs free as much as possible and if Android One spoils the user experience of users then the user won't get happy to prefer Android One over custom ROM. Now, In many cases, people get attracted towards custom ROM because of sluggish performance in Android One, No extra benefit except OS Upgrade and Android Updates in Android One.

Google needs to be review it's Android One project for a better future and has to make sure that it does not have to stay too much behind in many things compared to the custom ROM.

• Thanks For your detailed thread. To sum up i will add only one area that is signal stability is bit weaker i felt comparitively.

• Druttis Druttis
    ✭✭  / 

You can build a stable android release and it wouldnt matter actually , since most users dont understand that installing application after application starts to take a toll on the phone's cpu , storage , logfiles , errorlogs , but sometimes nonstock is pretty stable , used alot of Lineageos / CM on phones , but end result is pretty mouch the same.

but i do miss some functions , apparently im a bit paranoid :)

i know google has som degree of encryption req on newer android versions , but i would like to for example be able to encrypt local photo album directly when picture is taken n saved.

i noticed some battery draining , the other day but i know why tho. was driving and the phone is set to 4G , checked a celltower app n signal str and looked like it was "handshaking alot , jumping towers it shouldnt use , forced it to use 3g and it stopped.." feelt like when a VDSL/ADSL modem gets to mouch interferance or bad signal it starts to go down in speed 20mbit , renegs to 15 , still interferance , 10 , and does that untill it gets a stable enuff connection /signal str , im guessing now since i dont know how celltower <-> phone handoffs works , but the logic is there. anyway solved the batterydrain on a 8h drive , just saying this since i have seen it alot when working with IT and especially when there is interferance , those renegotiations STOPS traffic to a halt and thats pretty mouch whats happening when i check the phone during a call and it starts to change to a tower thats not even the closest for my provider and it should roam that anyway ..

Regards

Johan