Will Nokia 7.1 get Android 11..?

Guys what do you think will Nokia 7.1 get Android 11…? With Nokia tweeting roadmap and the deleting the tweet, Nokia 7.1 was nowhere in Roadmap..

Will Nokia 7.1 get Android 11..?

Guys what do you think will Nokia 7.1 get Android 11…? With Nokia tweeting roadmap and the deleting the tweet, Nokia 7.1 was nowhere in Roadmap..

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Nokia 7.1 was launched with Android 8.1. And it has recieved its 2 assured OS updates in the form of Android 9 and Android 10. Hence, the Nokia 7.1 will not be updated to Android 11.

• This is the sad part, I currently use Nokia 7.1 but didn't really think upgrade to Nokia 7.2 was necessary. Unless Nokia 7.3 is a worthy successor, I'll continue using Nokia 7.1 but without any new OS upgrades, hereafter.

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

The 7.1 has been out two years now. Nokia promised two years of OS updates, and three years of security updates. We are past the two years, so we are into the last year of security updates. I'm okay with that.

• I would have loved getting an Android 11 update but unfortunately Google Android one program only support for two os upgrades only

• pnokio pnokio
    ✭✭  / 

No, not two OS upgrades, two years of OS upgrades, so there is a possibility of an Android One program phone getting more than two, depending on the release date of the phone, and the release dates of the OS.

This from the Android One page: "Android One phones will receive at least two years of OS upgrades. With the latest version of Android, you'll get software that auto-adjusts to your needs, and helps you get things done more easily throughout the day."

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Google does not release more than 2 Android OS updates in any 24 calendar months. So, that makes the Android One phones only limited to 2 Android OS updates. The years is just a fancy term. It is better said if we say 2 Android OS updates.

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  /  edited November 6

It would be a nice touch from HMD/Nokia to give N 7.1 Android 11. The phone was released with Android 8.1 and probably this was due R&D before every phone is released. But when it was released, Android 9 was already pushed as stable by Google and when I bought the phone I was promoted to update to v9, so I haven't evenseen v8.1:P

• kc85 kc85
    ✭✭  / 

Anyway, on X*A you can try LineageOS build with Android 11...