Subscription for updates after regular updates end

We have a couple of Nokia 6.1s, and they're great phones.

Subscription for updates after regular updates end

We have a couple of Nokia 6.1s, and they're great phones. Next year some time, the regular update period will end, and they'll get orphaned, but I'd love to keep them going, even if I get a new phone as my main device. I would willingly pay a yearly subscription -- $30 or $40 -- to keep getting security and maintenance updates for a few more years. I wonder if Nokia would ever consider doing this?

Comments

• Mehwish07 Mehwish07
     /  edited September 2021

Benefit: The card or device of your NFC will never be delayed. Theft or replication is nearly zero chance. If you trust Google and Apple to the full, another security layer is to prevent your credit/debit/bank account information from being accessed by the dealer.

But annoy some: take off the phone, unlock it, put the phone over pads, put the phone back into pockets. In my case activate the app and hit "pay"

Retailers disable NFC because they don't want to pay third parties (like https://www.subscriptionflow.com)for payments management.

Credit card with NFC enabled: take out your wallet, wave wallet over your pad, put back your wallet into the pockets.