Android 11 confirmed for Nokia 2.2

What I think is that now HMD wont bother fixing the faulty Android 10 software and instead worl on the new Android 11 and get it ready for the launch timeline of Q4 of 2020.

Android 11 confirmed for Nokia 2.2

What I think is that now HMD wont bother fixing the faulty Android 10 software and instead worl on the new Android 11 and get it ready for the launch timeline of Q4 of 2020.

So i guess, no fix till November, and thats just the minimum.

Comments

• Виталий Якунин Виталий Якунин
    ✭✭  /  edited September 2020

Если бы хотели и могли,давно бы всё исправили и обновили бы а так написали 4 квартал!!! 30 декабря сделают подарок!!!

• Moshammer Moshammer

As the 2.2 hardware is already "too small" and too slow for Android 10, I'm afraid that the phone will nearly freeze with Android 11.

Poor little 2.2 will die with in the try to carry the big rock Android 11 given to him with the attempt to make it stronger.

Same strategy that Apple has? Update it dead so they will buy a new one? Not working on Nokia! Nobody will buy a new Nokia from HMD with the experiences of the last months...

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I think you don't know much about OS and firmwares, Android 10 is way faster than Android 9 because it is best optimized, and of course, that Android one is technically pure Android so, as it doesn't have those crappy personalization layers it is much faster.

I know that many of you are really angry with HMD but, come on, HMD is a small company compared to Samsung, Motorola, etc. So they obviously will need more time than other companies to makes bugfix and those things, so please, stop being a crybaby on this community, and if many of you think that making fixes is easy then modify your Nokia 2.2 and make your own fix, I say this as an informatic engineer, not as a normal user that likes to criticize

• Moshammer Moshammer

...stop being a crybaby on this community...

I say this as an informatic engineer, not as a normal user that likes to criticize

Oh! Thank you! Think that was finally the official comment of an HMD engineer!

Maybe HMD should work a little on its voice to the babys...ah...important customers.

I'm not a crybaby but a customer who got the experience, that with every update, my device got slower and slower with less memory left, even after a full factory reset.

The slowdown between Android 9 and Android 10 was enormous.

• bredchic bredchic
    ✭✭  / 

if many of you think that making fixes is easy then modify your Nokia 2.2 and make your own fix

I would definitely play with other distributions or simply reinstall android 9, but this phone is locked!! And the assistance won't allow the downgrade. I understand that coding is not always straightforward, but they've really created frustrating conditions.

At HMD they probably thought that allowing custom distributions would have created too many troubles, but the phone doesn't work anyway.

And again, they don't allow downgrade and maintenance of Android 9.

... That's just bad management and business failure. I'm sure they didn't want that, but still...

• Victor Cenin Victor Cenin
    ✭✭  / 

Google say that A11~up to 20% faster than A10, specially for lowend phones, like N2.2, so sounds good)

• The tweet was deleted immediately, so the above timeline may changed later.

• Kaća P. Kaća P.
    ✭✭  / 

Why Nokia 2.2 and Nokia 1 Plus didn't get the latest update for september?

• The tweet was deleted immediately, so the above timeline may changed later.

• Hope so they will get September update with MR to fix such notification and brightness bugs.

But I don't know it will happen or not

• AngryTomato AngryTomato
    ✭✭  / 

@Jona :

HMD is a small company (...). So they obviously will need more time than other companies to makes bugfix and those things (...)

They had time for fixing 2.37 subversions, but not 2.30 nor 2.34. Now that's funny.

Several months to fix a basic feature is way too much for a company, whether it's big or small. At least, if they are short of human/time resources, they should've allowed us to downgrade to Android 9.

I guess they aren't unaware of the damage they're doing to the Nokia brand. For me, I was about to buy one 2.2 or 3.1 to this old work pal who knows nothing about tech and was always loyal to the old Nokia phones, and ended getting him a Xiaomi device. For me, it's also the last HMD. Two customers lost. Great deal.

• Поддерживаю!!! Я тоже больше никогда не куплю Нокиа и всем буду советовать не покупать!!!Я всю жизнь пользовался только Нокиа и теперь 4 месяца жду исправлений ошибок!! Нокиа-отстой!!!

• Arek Z Arek Z
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2020

Google has announced an offical list of Android 11 offical updates for smartphones. Android 11 note for Nokia 2.2 unfortunately.

• Zathan Zathan
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2020

As you have been told before, Google's official list has nothing to do with other OEMs so this is very untrue, Android 11 is confirmed for Nokia 2.2. Don't you read?

• Arek Z Arek Z
    ✭✭  / 

Ok. But this phone was great with Android 9. I had to updated to 10 and my phone really slowed down. I am afraid that Android 11 could really decrease the phone performance like A10 did it.

• Zathan Zathan
    ✭✭  / 

I get that, luckily the 2.2 isn't my main phone now as I purchased the 2.4. I will still test Android 11 on the 2.2