Solution for Nokia 9 Pureview camera app or image process hanging

Since I can open a new thread now, I wanted to share my solution to the problem with very sluggish or even erroneous camera behavior:

Solution for Nokia 9 Pureview camera app or image process hanging

tomger tomger
✭✭  / 

Since I can open a new thread now, I wanted to share my solution to the problem with very sluggish or even erroneous camera behavior:

Nokia 9, android 10, Hardware TA-1087, Build 00WW-5-25A-SP04

Solution is to delete some files on your phone, which obviously leads to some core camera and/or image processes crashing.

Important: I will list all the files I have deleted. You might be getting away with far less, but I had no time testing.

1. Get a decent file manager app. I am a big fan of the free version of Total Commander, but use whatever suits you. Give file access rights, once the app asks for it.

2. Go to Internal Files, then sub for Android/data. Go to to sub dirs com.hmdglobal.camera2 and photo editor and look for other hmdglobal folders that might have camera related names. Delete all files (not folders!) from their directories.

3. Go to the main storage DCIM folder (where your vids and images are stored). Look for all files in the sub directories with ending .tmp and other endings that are not .jpg/.mp4 or a file ending that you specifically need. Delete all these files. For me, that were literally 100ds of files!

Right after doing the above everything was as smooth as on the first day!

Best of luck, Thomas from Hamburg, Germany

Comments