Nokia 5.3 Headphone Sound Imbalance

I recently bought a Nokia 5.3 4 GB | 64 GB model. I recently noticed that the sound via the 3.5mm headphone jack is not balanced.

Nokia 5.3 Headphone Sound Imbalance

Jyothis V James Jyothis V James
✭✭  /  edited October 3

I recently bought a Nokia 5.3 4 GB | 64 GB model. I recently noticed that the sound via the 3.5mm headphone jack is not balanced. The sound is slightly tilted to the right ear. I tried multiple headsets and using different phone and found that this is an issue with Nokia 5.3. Did anyone else notice this? I made a work-around of correcting the sound balance via the Accessibility settings.

Have the Nokia Software Team ever noticed this? Is this a hardware issue or something?

Thanks for the great software experience and support.

Comments

• Konradowski Konradowski
    ✭✭  / 

Yes, this is another issue with Nokia 5.3. It can be corrected by Audio Balance setting, but if you do this, it will move balance also on wireless headphones , so there will always be one of them off balance. I just don't use wired on this phone. Quality on wired is mediocre at best, even after correcting balance.

• Jyothis V James Jyothis V James
    ✭✭  / 

I guess Nokia can correct this via a Software update or something. It seems weird while listening to music via headphones. Hope they will fix this in the next update.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 4

And exactly what are all the issues with 5.3, this is the first one I have heard.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I am not experiencing this with my 5.3 , music.or.movie playback with headphones. Have you contacted support? I would not what for a software update as it could not be a software issues.

✭✭  /  edited October 4

@jdi000

You really should give other phones a go man :) Buy e.g. xiaomi ~150-200$, and you will see what it means to have trouble-free device. Talking from experience.

I created a new thread to answer your questions.

I will not contact support ever again. They even couldn't figure out why I sent my phone for repair, and according to warranty repair notes, they were checking the wrong thing. Even though I clearly stated what is wrong. I will just let them do their thing and not bother them anymore.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

I will never use phones from the large company that makes 4 brands as I just don't trust my data with them and will not support or buy from them. I need to trust the company that I buy products from.

✭✭  / 

Seriously man. You are recommending me a phone from Xiaomi. I was a Xiaomi user. You have no idea what crap it's UI has become. I like Stock Android phones due to its minimalistic nature and no crap UI. Why on earth is Xiaomi bundling crap with their phones. There is another app store, music player gives totally unrelated ad notifications. No I don't need heavy hardware and crap software. My first phone was a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (if you remember that), I had enough after the updates becoming worser and worser each time. If it ain't broken, don't fix it. My previous phone was Nokia 5.1 Plus. Which made me trust Nokia again. And I have seen Nokia improving stuff with each updates. Hope they will hear us. No, Xiaomi is for the hardware enthusiastics. I am not one of them. I need a clean Android software experience.

✭✭  / 

This is the only issue I noticed for my Nokia 5.3. I have seen many posts with people complaing about this issue in another thread. I am not facing all of the listed issues in those posts. Only this issue.

• Lawrence JB Lawrence JB
    ✭✭  / 

You may be lucky, even I had problems while listening to music and videos with the headphone jack, the volume was too low. But after the September MR update this problem is fixed atleast for my phone.

• Rahul r jain Rahul r jain
    ✭✭  /  edited October 19

In Nokia 5.3, Is there anyone facing finger print sensor scroll down issue to show notification, by moving finger down to see notification? Sometimes I have to try 4-5 times down to see notification. Don't know what i should do, replace it or .....?

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You can use the screen to lower the notification shade I stead of trying to use the fingerprint scanner

✭✭  / 

Yes, it's not working. It's not working even on high-end priced, mid-end nokia 8.3 5G. I recommend to turn this option off in menu System -> Gestures.

• indafakinas indafakinas
    ✭✭  /  edited October 23

Hi

I have the same exact issue with wired headphones (bluetooth sounds fine). The problem goes away in apps that allow to choose the audio output device i.e Open SL (Aimp does it for example). But it doesn't solve the problem for system sound - so spotify still sounds like crap. Tried to talk to support - nothing apart from suggesting to send them the phone - which makes sense but the problem seems to be a software issue.

✭✭  /  edited October 23

They will send you the phone back unrepaired. Probably with a note "sound on wired headphones works". But you can still send it :) When it comes back, please come back here and confirm :)

• indafakinas indafakinas
    ✭✭  / 

oh no, that was my thought exactly - i talked to them back in june and decided not to send anything hoping for some decent software update.) so still waiting.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 24

I am not hearing any imbalance on my 5.3 can elaborate on what apps and what you are listening to? I have tried you tube music , mp3 played with vlc and played media with several streaming apps including hulu and have not heard an imbalance.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

It was amazing on my Nokia 7 and Nokia 8.1. Then on the Nokia 7.2 it stared to not work for half of the times and I guess the trend has been the same since then. I've already seen reviewers complaining of the same on the Nokia 8.3 as well. Not sure why they component selection by Huaqin has gone downhill when compared to FIH Mobile.

Luckily the swipe down from homescreen to access the notifications area works now. It didn't work on the older phones.

• I try a lot of headset why doesn't work in this unit?😭😭😭