Nokia 8 unable to use 128GB micro SD SDXC memory cards

I am very dissapointed with my new Nokia 8.

Nokia 8 unable to use 128GB micro SD SDXC memory cards

I am very dissapointed with my new Nokia 8.
I've been waiting for the return of the brand, but, now that it Is happening, I found out, that one of the MOST IMPORTANT caracteristic of the phone is a big fat lie.
THE NOKIA 8, IS UNABLE TO READ/USE MICRO SD MEMORY CARDS OF 128GB OR HIGHER.
because it can't handle the SDXC type micro SD memory cards, it only manage to read/use memory cards type SDHC.
Meanning that the feature of expanding memory with micro sd card to 256 GB Is not remotely possible.
Is there a way to fix it¿?
A launcher could bypass that limitation or it Is a Hardware limitation¿?

Comments

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited August 29

I have a Samsung EVO Plus 128GB Micro SDXC Class 10 U3 card in mine and it works just fine.

• abecedario abecedario
     /  edited August 29
    I've the very same card of MrBelter, it works fine too in my Nokia 8, since October 2017
  • migs migs
     / 

Plus, SDXC is card capacities above 32GB, which I imagine a great many users have installed, and this is the first complaint I've seen.

For the record, I'm running with a Lexar 633x 64GB SDXC

• I've successfully moved data to a 64gb and 128gb SD card using the default filebapp. Had problems moving/copying data from PC to SD card directly. Copy to internal memory and then use file app to move data to SD card.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  /  edited September 3

Personally i am more than happy with the 64GB of internal space the Nokia 8 has without resorting to moving things to an SD Card, i just don't have that many apps to worry about.

My card is used for photo, music and video storage and i would rather it remain portable and totally separate for the internal file system.

• migs migs
     /  edited September 3

Same here. Apps stay where they are