Nokia N8

Hi nokia bring back NOKIA N8 with Android and 4G VoLte connection and see it will be most selling phone of 20th century, No one can beat this cute GIANT

Nokia N8

mama mama
✭✭  /  edited October 2020

Hi nokia bring back NOKIA N8 with Android and 4G VoLte connection and see it will be most selling phone of 20th century, No one can beat this cute GIANT

Comments

• I'm having a lot of problems with recovering data from Nokia N8 internal memory (phone memory).

I've connected my phone to my windows pc and managed to bring up mass storage (e: drive) and so I can recover data from that. However, my pc doesn't show phone memory and I don't understand why.

If I change the USB connection from the device to MTP, then it shows under devices next to my PC storage C: drive as a Nokia N8 connected. If I click into this then both storage and phone memory drives show but I can't do anything other than transfer files from them where as I wanted to be able to use data recovery software to recover data from phone memory but doesn't show. Please help.

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

@Amir247 ,

Nokia N8 and other Symbian phones use Nokia Suite as companion software, to sync contacts, calendar, notes, texts, email etc. - I suppose this is what you want to recover?

Microsoft Answers, Mobile Devices has a sub-section for Symbian, Nokia X and Meego with the postings from the original Nokia forum and everything since 2014. Search thoroughly and you should find.

On-topic - I also like the size and form factor of Nokia N8 although the on-screen keyboard is too small for comfort. If they could figure out a better voice command and voice-to-text system (in Danish!) and fit a camera with OIS video stabilization.

I'm not sure if 5G brings anything useful (for me), but that's the buzzword and hype for 2021. Nokia's YouTube channel is mostly about 5G industry automation, Internet of Things and other nerdy stuff.

Apple sell lots of iPhone SE 2020 so there is a market for small iPhones. I doubt Android people are willing to sacrifice the comfort of a big screen?

-- Hans