SMS receiving issues

I was update my Nokia 5 in naugat 7.1.2 and issues that 100 message out of 75 message I was received anybody can solve this problem

SMS receiving issues

Ankur Waidya Ankur Waidya
 /  edited January 9
I was update my Nokia 5 in naugat 7.1.2 and issues that 100 message out of 75 message I was received anybody can solve this problem

Comments

• user1509877975620 user1509877975620
     /  edited January 3
    I also have a problem with incoming sms. the problem on both sim cards is a different operator. there is no problem from the operator
  • Unknown
     /  edited November 2017
    I also had this problem and i downloaded Puls sms app,now it seems ok  I think the problem is n messaging app from google 
  • David Gurney David Gurney
     /  edited January 3
    Same issue here. Not recieving some SMS. Since 7.1.2 update on Vodafone UK. Nokia 5.
  • user1510134869464 user1510134869464
     /  edited November 2017

Same here. Is there any solution to this problem?

• Unknown
     /  edited November 2017
    Yes,there is as I mentioned before. Just download Pulse sms app.
  • user1510134869464 user1510134869464
     /  edited November 2017

I just did, and it works. I could also read messages I didn't receive days ago. They appeared in Pulse sms. 

• Michał Michał
     /  edited December 2017

Hey All,

I have the same issue, 7.1.2 on Play in Poland. I tried several apps, Pulse SMS among others, and the one that seems to finally work around the issue is Ghostly. A bit old but only this one didn't fail in my tests. Although it can only receive SMS, then you can choose to move it to inbox.

TIP: how to test if your current SMS app receives all the messages? Just log in to few services where you have SMS configured as 2nd factor authentication. Gmail, Facebook, Twitter...

Best regards,

Michał

• user1509719760846 user1509719760846
     /  edited January 3
    Yeah same here , not receiving messages, background app restarting, tons of problems.
    Have to get rid of the phone fast, I use it for business
  • There seems to be lot of similar discussions on Android forums where Nexus and Pixel phone users facing similar issues so problem is most probably related Google's SMS app and 7.1.x releases.

• Marco Marco
     / 
    Same here. 2 out of 10 SMS not received although another side gets their delivery report! Very, very annoying!!! Best of all my wife texts me and then later calls to say have you received SMS then I need to explain something is obviously retarded with the newest update to 7.1.2! My god how I hate this stuff! Battery drains in mater of hours. 10 to be precise... Not a good phone...
  • I have the same problem.
  • Same problem here, business phone, very annoying. Unreliable when receiving sms, losing about 20-25% of all texts. Also drops the BT connection at random, always in connection with a complete signal loss/system services reset/crash. To me it seems like the entire RF crashes, resetting this part of the phone and losing information (like texts and BT settings, maybe more) in the process. Returned to dealer for repair. Sad - otherwise quite a great phone!

• adbenj adbenj
    ✭✭  / 

When Pixels and Nexuses had the same problem, Google claimed they'd fix it with the November security update. I've not been able to test that yet, but the update is now available (Settings --> About phone --> System update --> Check for update). Would be interested to know if this helps anyone.

• Same here on my Nokia 5 after upgrading to 7.1.2. Installing November security update, so hope it will help. Will let you all know.

• Marco Marco
     / 
    The 7.1.2. doesn't solve the case. Battery drains very fast. Torch doesn't work as well. Touch screen is mediocre. So beautiful phone with so many flaws. I really don't want to get this device back, but if HMD doesn't react I will get rid of it. I hope support team is reading all the negative comments and gathering the information so they can release some update to fix this HUGE problems. HMD we are expecting feedback as we don't have the time!
  • It looks like November security update solved the issue with my phone. Finally! It was so annoying!

Others' experience?

• Both the pre installed message app and facebook messager (when u ask it to handle text messages) have this problem on the phone.

• Lukáš Pikora Lukáš Pikora
     /  edited December 2017

Can confirm that November security update did not fix sms receiving problem for my Nokia 5.

Still about half of SMSs does not arrive
    . Including verification SMSs for login to banking apps, 2 step verifications etc.

I do not recommend update to 7.1.2 everyone because of this very annoying bug and also apps killing in background bug https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000011753 also introduced also in 7.1.2.

I have Nokia 5 European model TA-1053 with 7.1.2 November security update.

• Small update, I don't always get notifications for all of the SMS messages (only red number on icon is present), but at least I am receiving them all after November security patch. Not good, they have to fix this asap.
  • So sad, but I have to take back what I said. I also still don't receive every SMS after November security update! This is anoying! A phone should serve after all for calls and SMS messages, that's its main function and in this case SMS totally unreliable!
  • adbenj adbenj
    ✭✭  / 

Have you spoken to customer support?

I don't know if this will work – just a suggestion – but now you have the security update installed, try going Settings --> Apps --> Messages. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select 'Uninstall updates'. Then go to the Play Store, search for 'Messages' and update the app again (or, if you'd prefer, leave the app unupdated and see if that helps).

• Been there, done that. Nothing helped, customer support useless. Trying now with Wipe darvik and cache in Recovery mode, as one suggested in the post for background app problem.
  • Jonas Frandsen Jonas Frandsen
     /  edited November 2017

I have wiped the phone several times nothing helps in a few days the problem is back. nokia support says they need more time to fix the problem. I hope my local nokia manager will refund the phone.

• Same here
    Mostly on second sim.
    Some message wing come.
    I first thought it was operators issue.
    But
    Am majorly missing my bank otp's
    Please consider
  • Hay friends I was solve this problem go nearest Nokia Care and update our mobile in nougat 7.1.1 and solve these problems problem short out and don't update in nougat 7.1.2 thank you
  • how do I uninstall the updates to 7.1.1?

• So, it seems even Pulse sms app doesnt work and I dont receive all sms. Please solve this problem, Nokia, this is so annoying.
  • Go to Nokia care and update our device nougat 7.1.1 ok
  • There is no Nokia Care center in Europe at all.
  • Used Nokia support apps then give you locate nearest Nokia Care Centre address