SMS receiving issues - Page 5

after some test just now  i got the solution for this problem. just set your network type to 3g not to 4g. this solved sms problem for me.

SMS receiving issues

Comments

• after some test just now  i got the solution for this problem. just set your network type to 3g not to 4g. this solved sms problem for me. hope this will help you all.

• Having used Nokia all the initial years, bought a Nokia 6 after a gap of 7 years and now I regret.  Sorry Nokia team, your android software has sucked the life out of me. The phone hangs, no messages and no alarms. You are better off with qwerty phones only.  Back out. Don't trouble users. I have finally installed truecaller for messages despite the fact that I never wanted to install that.  But how do I manage my bank transactions without receiving OTP. Nokia smart phones...waste of money

• nishanth nishanth
    ✭✭✭  / 

Do check the community forum for Background applications on Nougat / Oreo. The SMS issue seems fixed, as you can see the last post on this thread was 4 months ago.

https://community.phones.nokia.com/support/discussions/topics/7000022316

• nishanth nishanth
    ✭✭✭  / 

I had faced this SMS issue and switched to Textra / Pulse SMS applications. They work fine and have more customization than the default SMS application.

• Blimey Blimey
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8 user here. This issue started out of the blue about a month ago. I stopped receiving messages with verification codes. Other messages seem to be coming in. I have tried everything, network provider assures me again and again that it's my phone and not them. Contacted Nokia support several times, they tried clearing cache, uninstalling updates, system reboot, and couldn't fix the issue. I'm at my wits end, really frustrated and not sure what to do for financial transactions since I can't even log in without an sms verification code. Suddenly regretting buying Nokia and wish I had gone with the Samsung instead. It looks like I'm going to have to buy a new phone just because of this problem.
  • Duniacha Duniacha
     / 
    Hey, another frustrated Nokia 8 user here. Same story - no bank verification codes since February. I tried different workarounds from the thread but nothing is working. Nokia support keeps ignoring me. What do I do? Factory reset? HELP!
  • Duniacha Duniacha
     / 
    The solution was to whitelist all the blocked contacts.... Now it is working alltogether with spam.
  • NindzyA_RulS NindzyA_RulS
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 6.1 affected