Want to expend memory

Hai I want to buy 128 GB SD card , what company should I buy and how to use it as internel memory my phone is 5.3 plus 6/64

Want to expend memory

P Ravi Shankar P Ravi Shankar
✭✭  / 

Hai I want to buy 128 GB SD card , what company should I buy and how to use it as internel memory my phone is 5.3 plus 6/64

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

For a start, I will not recommend that you use an external SD card mounted as internal storage because your data can get corrupted very easily and the SD card will also be unusable on any other smart devices without formatting it first. I have also heard that a number of Nokia phones start misbehaving a bit when the SD card is used as internal storage.

Still, I believe Samsung's EVO range of cards and SSDs are really fast and outclass the SanDisk ones in terms of speed (R/W). I have tested with my personal class 10 cards and Samsung turned out to be a winner.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Yes I agree 100 percent, sd cards should only be used for external storage to save headaches and issue later on, I have never been successful using one as internal storage after several tries with different phone brands.

Samsung cards seem to perform very well and offer good prices

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Same here. External is like my rescue point. Just in case the phone dies or gets into a bootloop etc, at least the external card will still have my most important data. We lose this advantage after formatting the cards as internal since they become encrypted and no data can be recovered in case the device faces any kind of issues.

Early Nokia phones only had this option in 16GB phones where it still does make sense since space is needed for the apps etc. But on devices with storage like 64gb, the option to Mount as internal should not exist at all. Saves the user from headache since most don't even know what way to go when the phone asks if it should format the card as internal or external. Internal feels like a more obvious choice.

• Donkey Donkey
     /  edited November 26

I totally agree with Shankar, I know what I want & what I might face -- in fact I have faced it in past years.

I don't know if Shankar has the same situation as mine. But no matter what trouble we might get in, just give us what we want & what it's within the original Android.

If you don't like adoptable storage ( format SD card as Internal Storage) for any your reasons, DON'T use it. It's just an OPTION for people who need it. NO ONE force anyone MUST format SD card as Internal Storage ONLY.

There used to be always a option for SD card to format as Internal or Portable since Android 6. If you DO care users might have bad experience with it, try some complicated options with waring or hide it in developer mode, PLEASE DON'T just take it away, or keep TEACHING users HOW WE SHOULD USE THE PHONE IN THE ONLY (YOUR) WAY.

We have our thinking with our phones, that's why we choice Nokia, not huawei, xiaomi, oppo or vivo such junks. There're always imaginations & possibilities with Nokia.

Thanks for your reading.

Have a nice day.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Do you know of any brand phone that this is active on in Android 10.?