Homeβ€Ί Phonesβ€Ί Nokia 7 plus

finally getting rid of this phone πŸ˜ŒπŸ™Œ

Finally the happiest moment of my life has come.. I am getting rid of this useless phone 😌... And getting samsung note 20 ultra ...

finally getting rid of this phone πŸ˜ŒπŸ™Œ

user1534454875460 user1534454875460
✭✭  /  edited October 28

Finally the happiest moment of my life has come.. I am getting rid of this useless phone 😌... And getting samsung note 20 ultra ... But I am more happy that i will get rid of this useless phone ... Gd bye nokia ... U will never see me coming back to u again neither I will recommend anyone to buy nokia products... Anyways gd bye guys .... I hope u will get rid of your phone soon if u r so much annoyed by your phone ..like I was ... Also gd buy to blind idiotic nokia lovers πŸ˜ŒπŸ™Œkeep fooling yourself like that ... Nokia 7 plus the most annoying phone I have ever used. . .😌

Comments

• diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 21

I am NOT a "blind idiotic nokia lover". I have the knowledge to differ, had a couple of other brands before. Maybe you just had bad luck with your N7+. Mine is still running fine after 2 1/2 years now. Nothing to complain about. So hickups here and there, but, REALLY, never ever had a serious issue. No, I don't get paid from NOKIA... Nevertheless I'll get me the Pixel 4a 5G, because I really love pure android and fast and long time updates. Oh, I forgot, unlocking bootloader and choosing some Custom ROM is as easy as... Like it was with the Nexus. But the Pixels were to expensive for me, but now, that they came back to cheaper prices, it's always my first choice.

• Vivek J Vivek J
    ✭✭✭  / 

Congratulations. I had promised myself 3 years of usage with this N7+ so waiting for mid next year. Pixels are still expensive and not worth the extra money just for the camera. So I am waiting for the launch and reviews of Samsung A72 next year and then decide. Already Samsung committed to 3 version updates for A71, so I expect that would be applicable for any upcoming A7x devices. 🀞

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

Congrats on your purchase... I gave up on 7+ last year and got a Realme XT. Satisfied till now, no such crappy lose port issues, proximity sensor etc. Use it as a tertiary phone.

• Paul Murphy Paul Murphy
    ✭✭  /  edited October 21

Comment removed

• HattinGokbori87 HattinGokbori87
    ✭✭  /  edited October 22

Nokia's Android One project participation comes with some bad things that Google pushes like "unprogramable" Google Assistant button and locked bootloader/closed source firmware (Nokia should at least release their firmware code after a hanset is in market for 2 years, when it's upgrade support ends). While Google does the opposite with their Pixel lineup.

I know that my 1.5 year old budget hanset will get Android 11 because of Nokia's participation in the program, but they should try to negotiate better terms with Google to ease those unpopular limitations.

• AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Same here , but Nokia launches product at wrong price.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Right, but I'm willing to pay a bit extra to earn the right to play the Nokia Tune and also for the unique design elements πŸ˜‡ Now only if they make a worthy product πŸ₯Ί

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

If we go by the BOM, I'm not excited for the 8.3. HMD has moved from offering phones with metak housing for lower prices to now selling expensive phones with plastic housing. And they also added an additional buffer between the display and the housing on the 8.3, which has taken away the premium feel that HMD's phones used to offer. So, even though the camera on the Nokia 8.3 has improved, it has cut corners in other areas.

Almost all competitors today are willing to offer at least 2 OS update, making their update promise a bit common sight now. And probably the worst decision is to remain glued to Google's restricted OS experience. They aren't exploring software innovation in any way and they could do it really well to differentiate their phones. Yeah Android One is unique, but more in bad ways than good 😬 Let's see what we see next from HMD's boat.

If we look at 2019-2020, hmd hasn't released too many models though. I believe they released lesser than what the market needs from them. They should be consistent with when they launch a product and when its successor appears (half yearly or yearly).

• user1534454875460 user1534454875460
    ✭✭  / 

Honestly HMD is downgrading.... One the stupidest person in the world will go for nokia 8.3 instead of one plus 8 ...

✭✭  / 

Lol but I m not that kind of fool jump to nokia again πŸ˜‚.. well it's already out of competition.....

✭✭  / 

πŸ™ƒπŸ™Œ Gd job keep doing πŸ‘πŸ‘

✭✭  / 

They r not improving.. they are just downgrading πŸ™ƒπŸ™Œ... May be will soon vanish like HTC... Becoz out of all of my friends zone who had nokia they have already moved to different brand .. for example.. u see .. why will some one go for 8.3 instead of one plus 8t .. or whatever that photo.... They both are at same price I guess... Infact if u talk about pure android experience... Their oxygen os is just another name of pure android.... Infact I hv seen my friends receiving 3+ years of software update.. if that's your priority ....... Or still may be receiving now

✭✭  / 

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£I m gonna use it for the same too ... For hotspot...

✭✭  / 

U can comment again πŸ˜‚πŸ€£I like to hear bad about nokia .. now ... Since it was my favourite brand one day nd for that blind ldiotc love .. I brought this trash

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

If jumping to Nokia if there's a nice product is a fool's thing, then idk what you are. It is all sensible to evaluate the product and then make an informed decision.

✭✭  / 

Well nokia is not the only brand in the world...🀣... And only a fool will come back to its ex girlfriend.... Same .. nokia is my ex ... ..

• GRP GRP
    ✭✭  / 

I was an active Nokia 7 Plus user . Now I have moved on with other brand simply for user experience of software.

Though Nokia 7 Plus is offering bloatware free OS with considerably fast security updates under Android one platform , I was expecting Nokia to provide Android 11 for its ever highly rated premium mid range flagship phone especially after tons of requests from its users.

But unfortunately Nokia did its math and a good phone was unable to taste the fluid performance of Android 11.

Dissapointed with efforts of Nokia.

Could have done some justification for the 2018 Midrand Flagship phone.

All the best Nokia for your future journey.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

A phone isn't a girlfriend. It is a product. Nobody asked you to ONLY use a Nokia phone always.

I've used so many phones from other makers and I'll continue to keep an eye at Nokia. If they make a good and worthy product, it is all sensible to try it :) Maybe you were too blindfolded in brand love that now your eyes are opening up wide. I was never in that blind brand love and have used serveral phone brands, and will continue to evaluate my purchases :)

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

That's a bit of overstatement. They are a company in the end and has to make profits to survive. Users will always be on the lookout for more. If they were doing 3 Android updates, then there will still be those requesting for the 4th. The phones received what they were promised to deliver during the launch/announcement/marketing and anything more than that is just a sweet wish, which isn't as easy and economical for the company as it is for us users to ask for it :D

Yes, software experience under Android One is likely not upto the mark and there have been tons of hiccups. They gotta improve their software experiences if they want to have a future :)

• NeAga NeAga
    ✭✭  / 

Every brand does the same, can buy them all once and then never again...

When cheap toddlers start to dictate company policies... love them shareholders with dollar-signs in their eyes killing it all for their greed.

These failed bakers think they are selling bread, each day a new one...

well, they are in the wrong business then.

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  / 

If anyone is still using their phones, can you comment on the battery backup. My battery drops rapidly even under battery saver mode... Just want to clear if it is due to app or updates( I cleared Sata of the apps which were taking up battery)

• diogenes diogenes
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 28

Hi @Tejas01 , battery is still working normal and fine for me. After average usage over the day (Mail, News, Internet, some small casual games, more news and so on) I usually have around 40 - 60 % battery power left. SOT about 5 - 7 hours. That is over the whole lifecycle (2 1/2 years now), except some time, when some apps were running wild, which was communicated so after knowledge.

• Tejas01 Tejas01
    ✭✭✭  /  edited October 28

Thanks for your reply @diogenes. Its exactly the opposite for me. It drains 3-4% with just light browsing and that too on battery saver. I am eve n on 2G network just to rule out drain due to 4G network(it's my secondary phone). I also don't charge my phone to 100% to reduce battery and heat related stress. I wanted to do a factory reset in case something gone bad and was waiting for their MR release. But it's out for Germany onlyπŸ˜”. Don't understand this policy of having dual approach for updates.

Even today, I charged my phone to 100% by 12:00pm and at 3 pm it's already down by 4% on standby. It seems like the battery is going to give up on me sooner than expected.

• iyesat iyesat
    ✭✭  / 

Hi Tejas01,

I see battery is better in wifi than mobile data in my mobile. Also the battery got better after disabling couple of evenwell services