Nokia 2.2 September update ?

Did anyone receive a Sept update? Security or Maintenance?

Nokia 2.2 September update ?

jdi000 jdi000
✭✭✭✭  / 

Did anyone receive a Sept update? Security or Maintenance? In the US there were no updates still running build 00WW_2_300_SP06 and no fixes for the notification issues. Really disappointing that some areas never received the notification fixes since Android 10 was rolled out. Seems the 2.2 was put behind the 2.3 and now the 2.4, shame as it has the 3/32 model and worked well till Android 10 update.

Comments

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

There wasn't September update for A10 sadly, just for A9. On the best case I hope that Nokia is working on that A11 update, I mean, I got the notification fix but not all users have gotten it so lets hope that they are working on the fix or in a A11 fully working update

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

No notification fix in the US, 6 months since Android 10 !

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

I think that only the global version got the fix, the 00ww_2_370, but as I said, maybe they are working on a fix for the 00ww_2_300 and the 00ww_2_340 or maybe they just said "duck this A10 fix, lets just bring A11 fully working"

• Keeping hope from HMD/Nokia are now seems useless, they can't provide smooth and optimized Android experiences. But you guys don't worry Nokia will send system update directly from the Moon ASAP 😀😀😀

• A11 can't be possible witn September SP, because A11 officially release in September 2020, and they can't provide the A11 with September 2020 patch.

HMD software development team are ruining Android experiences for Nokia devices.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

This is not really true lots of Nokia phones have a great Android pie and 10 experience. There are a lot of phones running A10. The 5.3 has a excellent build running A10.

• They can't fix a small bug in 6 months, we also buy Nokia 2.2 at 105 USD, we are also deserve of fix update like few other markets has. Believe me Redmi 9C has the same price 110 USD, but Redmi 9C provides excellent software experience with upgraded SoC MTK G35.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Would never buy that brand of phone just bc I am disappointed with an update.

• They made us disappointed by bugie software update, and then they can't provide bug-free software immediately. Even they can't tell us exact about fixing, even they know better.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 22

The bug was fixed in July it just did not get rolled into all models and countries which is the question why not but they did fix the issue. My point is this could of been caught if they had a simple beta test with a couple hundred people. Seems like it's worth having a couple of extra employees to help with a small beta program with new os rollouts before they are released.

• Yes i am agree with your decision, but they are achieving #RANKED NO1 for software updates instead fixing serious bugs which causes system behavior.

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

Seems like you can't understand that the issue comes in hand with the Mediatek processor and not that Nokia did something wrong, of course they can fix it, I mean, they did with the 2_370 but maybe the other builds have something different than the 2_370 and that is why they are taking so long.

Saying that Nokia is ruining their cellphones is highly idiotic, it just happens with the Mediatek processor cuz all the phones that use Snapdragon are working pretty fine.

I can't tell you not to be angry with HMD/Nokia, but come on man, posting every day that your phone has an issues is not going to help at all. If you really want a fix ASAP then you can join many other people spamming emails to Nokia support and spam messages to the HMD CEO on Twitter

This community is not being monitored by HMD staff, they have other things to do m8

• A highly affordable smartphone like Nokia 7.2 has the same software issue with SD SoC even they discontinued this phone because of their stupidity development, if they fix the same notification issue just for Indian market, then why not for the all users? Who bought this affordable phone and spend their 105 USD?

This means Nokia devices are totally no value for money, why not we should buy Redmi 9C 3 GB RAM 64 GB ROM and high upgraded MTK SoC G35, with no serious bug like Nokia.

Nokia always creates bug with each SP & MR update instead fixing, definitely another bug will waiting us if they fix the notification bug.

You, me and everybody know that.

• My brother bought Xiaomi Redmi 9C in July they got all SPs and major software update till today, and i assure you there are no serious bug like this ONE since Android 10 release. There are other Nokia phones which almost have dozen of serious bugs.

Nokia 7.2

Nokia 3.1 Plus

Nokia 2.2

Nokia 1

Nokia 1 Plus

Nokia 5

Almost every phone have dozen of bugs.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

You can buy whatever phone you like. There were many bugs fixed and all the phones running pie and android 10 do not have unresolved bugs. Maintenance release get made and released. New builds get updated and pushed out so it's more the exception a phone like 2.2 has lingering bugs

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

This is not true about these models and bugs. It's easy to make a list but can you provide facts and details for these? Just bc someone user complains does not mean everything is a bug.

• I have checked all these smartphones I've mentioned in the list except Nokia 3.1 Plus.

Nokia 1, 1 Plus, Nokia 2.2, Nokia 2, Nokia 2, Nokia 5 all these phones I've used previously and all of them are buggie, even Nokia 5 has ghost touch, Nokia 1 & 1 Plus have animations scale bug, Nokia 2 was discontinued before it's 3 years of promise update, Nokia 7.2 have dual SIM issue with Android 10, Yes Nokia 7.2 was pretty good in Android 9 Pie, but you will not happy with Android 10... This is why i made a list to mention these serious issues which i faced since buying Nokia devices.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited October 23

I don't think Mediatek deserves even the slightest of blame for this. The service which hmd enabled is provided by Mediatek, but it is the development team which decides when and where to use it and at what point it should kick in or not at all.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

I'll agree that their phones do have bugs, some get fixed, some take long to be fixed and some aren't fixed at all.

However, the Nokia 7.2 was discontinued because it was released a long time back (more than an year now) and is due for an upgrade - Nokia 7.3 which should be announced next month. If it wasn't for the freezing touchscreen and the lag in notifications area, the Nokia 7.2 held fairly well overall. Yes, hmd does need to improve its software quality further.

For the Nokia 2.2 and the regions still suffering from it, all I can say is that hmd isn't trying hard enough to get the builds approved and delivered to the users. If they tried hard enough, they would have achieved it with a not-so-big gap, as they did at the time when Android 10 was first released for the device.

For the very affordable segment, I'll actually prefer visiting other brands. If you get more storage, RAM and CPU power, just go there. Trust me, specs matter the most when in the affordable segment because they can significantly improve the experience. And if a phone comes with 16GB of internal storage, just walk past it, that's the best advise I can make.

• Disable all built in Google apps apart from chrome and dialer - including the play store app.

Disable the Google assistant button.

Replace all those disabled Google apps with the Android go versions. (They will have to be sideloaded from APK mirror or such)

Replace Google play store with Aurora store.

Use an android go optimized launcher like the go optimized rootless launcher or the go version of librechair (a fork of lawnchair)

Profit from a much faster and smoother performance.

• Digitalius Digitalius
    ✭✭  / 
    I think nokia 2.2 will just get 
    the A11 updates in November or December,
     so there is no September update.

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

Same, I think that Nokia is aiming to a fully working A11 update, why try to fix A10 when all the phones are going to get A11 at some point, maybe when A11 is released they are going to fix A10 just to make ppl happy

• This could not be possible with September SP to get A11, I don't think so Nokia 2.2 will get A11 before December.

And they are yet again failed Optimizing Android for Nokia devices.

For smooth Android experience they require much time to fix critical bugs/issues with Android 11, if they rush again to upgrade devices with such bugs, they will lose their cutomers as well. So they need more time to fix such critical bugs in upcoming major update.

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

But why would you need the September SP if they bring A11 with November or December SP? I mean, a SP is a SP, there is no need for you to have the September one if you have a newer one

• Then we will miss September 2020 SP.

Getting early A11 I don't like because i know that Nokia software development team will bring another critical bug, they should take time to assure bug-free Android experience for their users, otherwise it will be another nightmare for Nokia 2.2 users...

• Guys maintenance update available for Nokia 2.2 TA 1188, i hope they fix the highlighted bugs. 😀

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

Cool, what does is brings? Does it fix notifications or Bluetooth?

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Downloading new build v2.400 right now to check

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Build 00ww_2_400 fixes the notification issue and provides Sept security patch. Model ta-1179. Finally fixed notification bug

• Jona Jona
    ✭✭  / 

At last, the 2_370 build needs the September sp too but nvm