Nokia 5.3 direct competitor Nord N100

We finally have direct competitor for Nokia 5.3 in terms of price/software updates. Nokia is no longer the only choice ~200$.

Nokia 5.3 direct competitor Nord N100

Konradowski Konradowski
✭✭  / 

We finally have direct competitor for Nokia 5.3 in terms of price/software updates. Nokia is no longer the only choice ~200$.

OnePlus Nord N100 has very similar specs, 18W charging, 5000mah battery, very similar CPU performance and the same GPU. Don't know about aptX yet - this may be the only feature to save Nokia in this price range. Launching 10 November 2020.

I fully expect N100 to beat Nokia software wise.

If anyone can compare those two when Nord comes out please do that.

Maybe that will result in better software quality on 5.3 :) I keep my fingers crossed.

Tagged:

Comments

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 26

Would never use a one plus nord over nokia much prefer the nokia android version.

The 5.3 has a very well optimized version of Android 10 running and has been always patched every month. Not sure what could be better software from this phone?

• Konradowski Konradowski
    ✭✭  /  edited October 26

According to gsmarena N100 will have UFS2.1 storage, video stabilization, and stereo speakers. Looks like Nokia is getting it's a** kicked my friend and there is nothing you can do about it :)

aptX literally the ONLY saving grace for Nokia. But only a few people will care about that. It may be actually the only feature keeping me with Nokia. But if any more software problems will come with Android 11, I'm gone, never looking back.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Well your choice but I would never buy that brand personally. Nokia 5.3 is a great phone almost 6 months old already. So yes every new phone is going to try better specs and hardware for all that think this is the only reason to buy one phone over another.

• Only time will tell how good the new bunch of nord series phones going to perform in the market.

I personally never liked oxygen os or one plus brand.

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  /  edited October 27

I wasn't expecting the Snapdragon 460 to deliver a similar power as the 665. I haven't checked, but just in case it does, then the Nord N100 will be a very good device.

Unfortunately Nokia doesn't have any kind of brand differentiation and it is quite easy for others to outshine them :) I appreciate what OnePlus does with Oxygen OS with hundreds of optimization to make Android better and more prepared for the users 😁 The inclusion of fast charging on the Nord is another plus. The Nokias are still stuck with 10W, hmd would know why 😬

However, I won't call the Nord a winner until some reviews are out and they show us how the camera performs.

• Sarathyganga Sarathyganga
    ✭✭  / 

That N100 **** has Snapdragon 460 and this has Snapdragon 665.

✭✭  / 

Android one is anyway better than other Android OS.

• jdi000 jdi000
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 19

That is a huge difference the 5.3 has great performance with the 665. And is very efficient battery usage.

✭✭  / 

OnePlus is now acting opposite to their brand value. They were so called flagship killers.. but now they relaunch their sister company phones with new names.

• Konradowski Konradowski
    ✭✭  / 

I have to take it back because Nord N100 IS NOT a direct competitor after all. OnePlus announced that they plan to release only Android 11 update and that's it. Only 1 major update.

So Nokia is still the only brand delivering 2 major updates on budget phones. So, Nokia can make Android 12 buggy and very slow, and still be considered the best on the market when it comes to updates. Fun times. Sad truth.