The proximity sensor is faulty. It has irritated my nerves

Proximity sensor

mehrdad zola mehrdad zola
✭✭  / 

The proximity sensor is faulty. It has irritated my nerves

Comments

• Ardavan Shirzadi Ardavan Shirzadi
    ✭✭  /  edited October 26

I have this problem too. I checked sensor with some sensor tester and when i toke the phone near to my ear sensor did not work properly so i found out this issue does not happen only in phone app or for calls.

• EupythKurt EupythKurt
    ✭✭  / 

i am facing this problem too, it is so annoying when making call, my face is always touch the MUTE button. So annoying 😥

• Ardavan Shirzadi Ardavan Shirzadi
    ✭✭  /  edited November 1

Wasn't there any solution?

It's an unacceptable issue.

• MitchellC MitchellC
    ✭✭  / 

Proximity sensor heads up. It is very sensitive!!! Located on 5.3 to the right of the speaker grill near front facing camera. Visible with a flashlight or in bright light. ANYTHING near it can confuse the sensor when you are in a call. All I had to do was take a very little nip out of the phone protector provided by Nokia - in essence, making the cutout for the speaker slightly wider over the protector. Problem solved for me.

• MitchellC MitchellC
    ✭✭  / 

PS.... I trimmed as little as possible as to not impact the integrity of the phone protector. I don't want to trim any more. Occasionally it will still go black when I first make a call. It may have something to do with background lighting. My easy fix (again because I didn't want to trim any more) is to slide my thumb across the proximity sensor to trick it into thinking I just held it to my head. Works every time. Also, by way of an observation, looking at some of my retired Nokia Lumia phones, the better manufacturers of front screen protectors have the protector already cutout just for the 'overly sensitive' proximity sensors. Cheers!!