Nokia charging port complaint , worst experience from service centre

I bought this nokia 5.1 plus 2 years ago , now the charging port is loose which is really annoying , and my display was a cracked , when I went to the nearest service centre , I was really shocked about the rate to fix these two problems.

Nokia charging port complaint , worst experience from service centre

anand anil anand anil
✭✭  / 

I bought this nokia 5.1 plus 2 years ago , now the charging port is loose which is really annoying , and my display was a cracked , when I went to the nearest service centre , I was really shocked about the rate to fix these two problems. The display costs Rs 5500 and the port costs 1450 , together costs 7000 , which is the cost of a new nokia 5.1 plus , plus the charging port complaint is experienced by all this phone users , they are responsible to do it for free , but , they can't . I'm really dissatisfied by Nokia , no more nokia products . Worst service ever my old phones charging port is still working fine , even after 4 years . I will share this to my maximum . Nokia please don't fool people like this .I should have bought any other , I made a great mistake .GOODBYE NOKIA.

Tagged:

Comments

• singhnsk singhnsk
    Super User  / 

Irrespective of your experience, the warranty of the handset was only for 1 year. Nokia did extend it for another 0.5 years for the goodwill.

And the prices for replacement components will always make up to cost more than the actual device. That will be the same for all of the phone or electronics brands out there. So, yeah the costs of the components are a bit on the higher side, but that's not limited to Nokia alone. You'll have similar experience with Samsung.

What I can definitely agree upon is the fact that these handsets had a design flaw which caused the charging ports to malfunction at some point. I wish it didn't happen, but that's just a wish now.

• Krou705 Krou705
    ✭✭  / 

The guarantee lasted 3 months for me and I just disappeared 😐

• Paoulo Paoulo
    ✭✭  /  edited November 24

Interesting, because my Nokia 5 (ta 1024) also got a loose gripping charge point after 1.5 years. It no longer charges on the Nokia charger but does on another brand. But now I have overheating 37°c and rapid draining/crashing after 1hr at 50% mark. The screen has lifted and bent on the right side by 1,5mm. Repair centre is interstate in Sydney so not so convenient.