Nokia 215 4G/ 225 4G

Does anyone here in the community have Nokia 215 4G or 225 4G? If anyone has then kindly post the picture of 'about' page.

Nokia 215 4G/ 225 4G

Feature_OS Feature_OS
✭✭  / 

Does anyone here in the community have Nokia 215 4G or 225 4G? If anyone has then kindly post the picture of 'about' page. (Settings>system>about)

Also do check if these phones support Java apps or not?

Comments

• BrickFan BrickFan
    ✭✭  / 

Here you go:

• BrickFan BrickFan
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

I can't seem to post a new topic, but as an owner of this phone I would like to make users and the Nokia team aware of the following issues, which I believe substantially decrease this phone's usability. I hope Nokia will consider releasing a software update to address these issues:

(Cross-posting from Reddit)

T9 Texting

Selecting among possible words (e.g. 'cool', 'book', 'cook') works fine. However, there seems to be one massive UI flaw: When pressing the # key, the text entry modes cycle through as follows:

1. T9 Abc
    2. T9 abc
    3. T9 ABC
    4. Non-T9 Abc
    5. Non-T9 abc
    6. Non-T9 ABC

If you're in mode 1 (T9 capitalise first letter), after typing one character, it switches to mode 2 (T9 all lower case), which is great. If you're in mode 2, after entering a period (full-stop), it switches to mode 1 automatically, which is also great. But what if you want to capitalise the first letter of someone's name mid-sentence? If you're using T9, you have to press # five times, to get from mode 2 to mode 1. The ordering is far more intuitive (and less work) on my old Nokia 106.1:

1. T9 abc
    2. T9 Abc
    3. T9 ABC
    4. Non-T9 abc
    5. Non-T9 Abc
    6. Non-T9 ABC

Other Issues

Besides the glaring texting issue, there are a few more minor issues with the interface:

• In the icon menu, there is a 'hamburger' icon which calls up three options: 'Move', 'Theme Colour' and 'Smart Dual Sim'. Seems weird to have SIM settings here and not under Settings.
    • One of the configuration menus has options 'Bluetooth' and 'Data on'/'Data off'. Seems like it should be 'Bluetooth On'/'Bluetooth Off'
    • I didn't find a way to use the SIM to store contacts, instead I had to copy them to the device first.
    • Go to Extras. 'Stopwatch' always reads 'Off'. Even if I start it and return to the Extras menu.

• Feature_OS Feature_OS
    ✭✭  / 

@BrickFan thanks for such a detailed feedback.

Hope someone at HMD takes cognizance of the mentioned issues. @HMDLaura

@BrickFan can you run the following apps in 225 4G and post the score?

1. http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/jbenchmark/JBenchmark2.jar

2. http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/jbenchmark/JBenchmark3D.jar

3. http://davy.preuveneers.be/phoneme/public/maemo/jbenchmark/JBenchmarkHD.jar

• BrickFan BrickFan
    ✭✭  / 

Hi @Feature_OS - I tried copying these to the phone via USB. But when I try to open them in the phone's file browser, I get "You don't have the right app to open this file".

Downloading using Opera Mini didn't seem to work either.

• Feature_OS Feature_OS
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2020

Thanks @BrickFan . It seems that the newly launched phones do not support Java apps.

• superdadan superdadan
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

thanks for the review, does it keep new added words into the dictionnary if you switch off/on the phone?

• Mr Pintoo Mr Pintoo
    ✭✭  /  edited November 2020

@HMDLaura @HMDBrad Some basic feature is missing in Nokia 215 4G which should be there for bare minimal usability :-

• Missing settings for font size adjustment.
    • Caller name is shown in small font and number in big font, not useful at all because normal human remember names not numbers.
    • No option to use contacts from SIM which is supported on all Nokia feature phones till now.
    • Multiple typos e.g. - Combine -> Conference of more than one call, Bluetooth -> Bluetooth On/Off.
    • Inbox SMS grouping have bugs which is grouping SMS from different sender in same list.
    • Missing Call history grouping for Missed/Received/Dailed calls.
    • No option to bind Torch to central top button.
    • Missing reference to icon in user manual e.g. - Roaming icon.
    • Missing settings for confirm SIM service actions.
    • Missing volume settings for Alarms.
    • Battery is draining much faster than claimed in full specs page on Nokia.com
  • Vodovoz Vodovoz
    ✭✭  / 

225 4G is a terrible phone. Hope you can improve its software to make it at least tolerable. I have downloaded the update but cannot install it because of an error in the load file. This is ridiculous!

• How to install opera mini in 225 4g?

• Tudor007 Tudor007
     / 

Hi.

Obviously, Nokia 215 / 225 does not run/support jar files since newer S30+ does not support Java (as S30+ that run on Nokia 3310 2017 does). The OS name is the same (S30+), but different versions seems to be absolutely different OS with the same OS name, which is more than confusing.

I have recently bought 2 Nokia S30+ devices (Nokia 215 4G and Nokia 225 4G), and I need to install some apps on my phones. I didn't succeed to install any .vxp apps on my handsets that I found on internet (as Opera mini browser). Should I use other file format? I am Nokia feature phone enthusiast and I can develop for myself some simple apps. What SDK should I use? Is that available for enthusiasts like me?

Thank you for helping me.

• Robert Murn Robert Murn
    ✭✭  / 

When I try to update my Nokia 225 4g, blue screen appears saying: can't find load file.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

• Vodovoz Vodovoz
    ✭✭  / 

I've thrown 225 4G into the gabage can and bought 3310 again. It seems to be the best solution so far.

• Jaszek Jaszek
    ✭✭  / 

Hi,

how can i disable (log out) the second a SIM card in this phone? Nokia 225 4G.

Thanks.

• When a select online update.error insert sim card?