Navigation over car radio

I have moved from a Windows phone Lumia 950 to a Nokia 9 pureview but I find that trying to do maps over the car radio doesn't work with the Android as it did with the Windows phone the Windows phone would cut the radio off give you the directions and the radio would come back on again the Android needs to be switched two Bluetooth audio to hear anything Bluetooth coming out of the phone am I doing something wrong I've got all the settings set to Bluetooth over the radio.

Navigation over car radio

auxtian auxtian
✭✭  / 

I have moved from a Windows phone Lumia 950 to a Nokia 9 pureview but I find that trying to do maps over the car radio doesn't work with the Android as it did with the Windows phone the Windows phone would cut the radio off give you the directions and the radio would come back on again the Android needs to be switched two Bluetooth audio to hear anything Bluetooth coming out of the phone am I doing something wrong I've got all the settings set to Bluetooth over the radio. Phone calls and messaging works ok, radio cuts out call or message happens when completed radio comes back on but navigation nothing at all

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited November 2020

@auxtian ,

In the Google Maps app, tap your profile picture top right, select Settings, scroll and tap Navigation settings. On that page, make sure a language is selected and that the three toggles below are on. There's an option to 'Play test sound'.

During navigation, there's a small loudspeaker icon on the map. Please confirm it is not muted? The icon with an exclamation mark also mutes voice guidance.

Google added lots of preferences and notifications(!) in Maps since the Windows Phone days, so it may take some time to sort everything else out, but voice guidance should work the way it used to.

Please let us know how it goes?

-- Hans

• auxtian auxtian
    ✭✭  / 

I'm a tech, did all that but unless the radio is on BT audio navigation does not come through, so no radio.

Play test sound when the radio is on tuner mode, nothing.

Like I said calls come through ok.

I've never owned an android phone, this is the first so I have no other android device to compare it with.

I will try and get screen shots of the setup when in navigation mode.

• auxtian auxtian
    ✭✭  / 
  • auxtian auxtian
    ✭✭  / 

Did you see my settings?????

Please is there an answer to this problem. Even the play test sound does not go through the car radio BUT calls come through ok.

This makes the navigation in the phone totally useless on Bluetooth.

Maybe Nokia should get a normal car radio and give it a try, I'm sure they can afford one.