WiFi calling problems

The area where I live is a signal free area. Due to surrounding hills there is literally no mobile phone signal.

WiFi calling problems

argos argos
✭✭  / 

The area where I live is a signal free area. Due to surrounding hills there is literally no mobile phone signal. I got around this by arranging for my telco.com Three, to supply me with one of there Home Signal units, so as to connect through the Internet. There are problems with this, in that if I do not make an outgoing call for some days, people ringing in go straight on to voice mail. Three seem unable to clear this.. I was pleased, with the Nokia 8.3 that wiFi calling is enabled. But I'm still having problems in that on a number of times that I wish to ring out, the phone tells me that there is no network connection, despite there being evident indications that network connection was totally working. On other occasions there is a considerable delay before rhe called phone begins to ring.. Has anyone else had problems with this ?

Comments

• mikevink mikevink
    ✭✭  / 

The following information will help you resolve issues you may have while using WiFi Calling.

1. Verify WiFi Calling is turned ON in your device's Settings menu.
    2. Verify your device is up to date with the latest software and carrier settings.
    3. If you've recently enabled WiFi Calling, restart your device.
    4. If the error persists, turn WiFi Calling off, and then on again.
    5. Verify you have a strong WiFi connection or try connecting to a different WiFi network. Not all Wi-Fi networks work with Wi-Fi Calling.
    6. Your phone will prioritize a cellular network connection over WiFi when the connection is strong enough to make and receive calls.
    7. To prevent using a cellular network, enable Airplane Mode and WiFi.
    8. Reset your Network Settings.