Issue with proximity sensor in Nokia 5.3

I recently bought Nokia 5.3. For a week it was working fine. Then I started getting issue with proximity sensor.

Issue with proximity sensor in Nokia 5.3

Joydeep Ray Joydeep Ray
✭✭  / 

I recently bought Nokia 5.3. For a week it was working fine. Then I started getting issue with proximity sensor.

When I am in the lock screen, the swipe up does not work as expected. Normally when you swipe a little you get the password option. But for me I have to swipe it all the way. Similarly when I pull down the notification in the lock screen, I don't see the action options.

When I investigated further, this is related to proximity sensor. By default the value of the sensor should be 2 or 5 and when there is something closer then the value should be 0. When I checked with sensor test app, I found that proximity sensor value in my case is always 0 i.e. the phone is always assuming there is something close by. This is the reason why the lock screen swipe does not work correctly. Moment I move my finger on top of the proximity sensor then it works fine.

However, every time I lock the screen, the problem is back. Interestingly if I open the phone using fingerprint sensor then the proximity sensor works fine till I lock the screen again.

Any suggestion or help will be helpful.

Tagged:

Answers

• Pushkaraj Pushkaraj
    ✭✭  / 

I am facing same problem as Joydeep Ray facing... Is there any software issue or hardware issue..